It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:51 pm

My new stick arrived 
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Post My new stick arrived
Hey anyone who cares('cause most people I know don't):

I got my new stick yesterday. My old stick was made in 1984. It is an ironwood 10 string, 34 inch scale, in baritone melody tuning and light pearl-ish inlays. The new one is tarara, 36 inch scale and black pearl linear inlays. Boy what a difference. Having the 'X' fret and linear inlays is going to take some time getting used to. But I am thrilled to have a new instument. I can use a much, much lighter touch with this one. I am afraid my gk-3 pick up may not fit between the PASV-4 and the bridge though. Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there.

Mike

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:42 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: My new stick arrived
I have a pasv-4 and a gk3. Do you have the channel cut out? if so it should fit.

Congrats by the way ;)

Brett

Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:15 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

This one was one of the reserve production instruments, so it doesn't have a channel yet. The guitar player in a band I play with carved the channel in my old Stick and installed the GK-3 to it. We will be attempting to do the same to this one as soon as he gets some free time. He also has a recording studio here in Erie and is recording a local band right now. Soon, soon, soon. But not soon enough! :D

Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:36 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Hi mike,
Ive also just let go of an ironwood 10 in 34, and recieved a new bamboo 12 in 36 from the reserve production models. It also has black dot fret markers. The fret rails sure make a difference. Ive almost simultaneously recieved a 12 Warr Artist series also. Its great making a comparison between the two builds. I find myself grabbing the Stick more often.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:31 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Mike,
congratulations! Wow, what a great day. I remember ( and others have had similar experiences) of running to the UPS truck seeing that logo and being overjoyed.

I am sure SE can retrofit it for your MIDI pickup, I am not sure I would trust a friend with a router.
Ever watch Tool Time with Tim Allen? Your Stick is too precious to have one slip and now you have room for a MotherHumbucker! ( tri pickup popular late 70's)

If you are still coming on Friday, bring it down to my gig, and I'd love to see it and see you play it! You can use my gear.

again, congratulations and may this be the start of a new beginning!
take care,
Dave Brosky

Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:05 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

dbrosky wrote:
If you are still coming on Friday, bring it down to my gig, and I'd love to see it and see you play it! You can use my gear.

Dave, is that an open invite for all local Stick players? :lol:

Samson

http://www.samsonstick.com

Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:03 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Having had bass guitars requiring various levels of strength to play, I can appreciate what you are saying. Enjoy it, it is well worth it.

Rosewood Grand, PASV4

Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:17 am