It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:55 am

Brass section sounds on Stick 

Post Brass section sounds on Stick
I don't know if this is something anyone else experiences on the stick, but sometimes I'll dial in a tone that sounds to my ears like trumpet. It occurs predominantly on the melody side, and I hafta have the right amount of overdrive. Because I usually focus on two hands riffing the bass side with quick melody single-note accents, whenever the timbre appears it reminds me of those older R&B tunes where the brass is making quick stabs over a smooth bass line.

On another subject, does anyone else notice a difference in perceived tone where all things are equal excluding the lighting? I sometimes feel my tone seems better with the lights low in the evening. This occurs to me regardless of playing stick or guitar or bass. Mood lighting I guess...

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:09 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Re: Brass section sounds on Stick
Lucas wrote:
I don't know if this is something anyone else experiences on the stick, but sometimes I'll dial in a tone that sounds to my ears like trumpet. It occurs predominantly on the melody side, and I hafta have the right amount of overdrive. Because I usually focus on two hands riffing the bass side with quick melody single-note accents, whenever the timbre appears it reminds me of those older R&B tunes where the brass is making quick stabs over a smooth bass line.

I'd like to know a bit more detail on how you get this sound--don't know if I could duplicate on my NS, but I happen to be working up the horn riffs from "Superstition" for an arrangement we're doing... :twisted:

http://www.facebook.com/qualitytimejazz

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:24 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Post Re: Brass section sounds on Stick
I'm so horribly ignorant when it comes to recording, despite the ease of it these days. I'd surely like to capture the sound as I hear it. If I'm not too tired after work tonight, I'll see if I can get it going again. Maybe I could get a better more descriptive sense of what's going on in the signal path that causes it.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:31 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery