It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:39 pm

The Future 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post The Future
No Stick left SE without going through the hands of The Master Mr. Emmett Chapman. What will the future be? Greatly missed.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:12 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: The Future
I'm sure we will get an official report from S.E. Grace will take over, I would think. I have spoken to her when she was "required" to answer the phones. I know she prefers to be in the shop.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:55 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

AnDroiD wrote:
I'm sure we will get an official report from S.E. Grace will take over, I would think. I have spoken to her when she was "required" to answer the phones. I know she prefers to be in the shop.

Thanks Marty .

Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:01 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

I don't think it would be unfair to say the future of the Stick is to some degree in question right now, does that mean I think this community is going to dissolve? Not a chance, there are more than enough people who care enough about the instrument to keep the vision alive and certainly plenty of people intimate enough with the Stick to supply the knowledge to keep the existing instruments in good working order for decades to come. Of course, I won't speculate on the future of SE, that's entirely in the hands of the wonderful Chapman family who I have great faith in. Emmett may be gone, but I don't see his creation going anywhere anytime soon, either the instruments he crafted or the methods he devised, and he most certainly won't be forgotten, he along with his creations will live on for years to come in his music, and all the stories to be told about him, though he will indeed be sorely missed.

Rosewood 10 String Stick #6092

Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:10 am

-deleted-

Last edited by Ezra on Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:47 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Ezra wrote:
Unless they adopt a business model of repairs and string sales only.

At the risk of stating the obvious repairs involve setup. That's why repaired/refurbished Sticks have a reputation of being as close to 'like new' as physically possible.

So if you accept repair as a possibility, why not production too?

I've only been around here a short time, but I'm inder the impression that Grace has been in 'production' for a good many years (since she was a child).

I can't imagine Emmett not putting in place provision for continued setup.

I ordered my Railboard in September '21. I look forward to receiving a quality product. It will be sad that it won't have passed through the hands of Emmett, but I believe it will have been prepared with the TLC that was his trade mark and will be endowed with his spirit (you may interpret that last word however you choose).

Bamboo 12 #7472 Stickup 7+5 Parallel 4ths (C#1 F#1 B1 E2 A2 G#1 C#2 F#2 B2 E3 A3 D4)
Bamboo 12 #5826 PASV4 7+5 Parallel 4ths
Graphite 10 2009 #5862 PASV4 Classic (For Sale)

Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:54 am

-deleted-

Last edited by Ezra on Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:22 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

stickyfingers wrote:
No Stick left SE without going through the hands of The Master Mr. Emmett Chapman. What will the future be? Greatly missed.

Twenty years ago I asked Greg Howard face to face about this subject. He assured me that Stick Ent. was well set up to continue on without Emmett. That was 2001, so I'm sure things are more so today.

I too have a new Stick on order (Bamboo 10-string) that was supposed to be complete Sept/Oct. Now I understand what the delay was all about.

I'm certain all is well and we'll have our instruments, etc in the near future. We just might not get cool new advancements the way Emmett thought/created things. Or maybe we will...

Lotsa love to everyone here!

https://www.youtube.com/c/BrianBaggett306

Lap Bars: https://brianbaggettwoodcraft.ca/chapma ... -lap-bars/
TAGG Interface: https://brianbaggettwoodcraft.ca/tagg-interface/

Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:03 pm

Sad days...

I too waiting for a new instrument (Tarara 12-string) and am excited about the future.

The last message from Jeff is from October 13:

"Your instrument is slowly, slowly progressing along. It will be a while before it is finished, so you have some time to decide on your tuning. Production, repairs and setups are taking much longer than usual these days, so wait times have greatly increased. Probably another 3-4 months before the instrument is ready to ship."

Best Regards, Andi.

Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:23 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

I do think that waiting *at least* the requested time (the Nov 15) to ask “what are you going to do?” Makes some sense. As someone moving through a different bit of loss, it’s a bit selfish to request a sense of stability from people who have been more fundamentally destabilized by the loss.

All of which is to say, “chill, I’m sure they are asking these very same questions and will share when they have something to say. Until then, or at least the 15th, maybe just don’t say much of anything”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:52 pm