It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:46 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 EMG RB-10 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: EMG RB-10
Why oh why? :) now I want one of these too!!!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

All Links:
https://ampl.ink/dNLw4

Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:40 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

bachdois wrote:
Why oh why? :) now I want one of these too!!!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk
yeah . The sound and “less is more” design is appealing . Waiting for the 12 string version : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:35 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Less is more is totally appealing, as I got an email from the human who took over for Cambria - as I've had a new 8 string Railboard [single region tuning in 5ths more or less...] under construction for quite sometime now, and when - I think his name is Jeff ?? - told me about this new option man I jumped right on it, as I've been a huge huge fan of EMG for well over 30 years now.

PLUS it's a way way simpler design - and to me the more simple something is the more pure the result becomes.

This is going to be soooooooooooo great !!
Thank You Emmett for coming up with this option :) :) :)

Ironwood #285, Classic [flatwounds]
Ironwood #1855, Classic [roundwounds]

SB-8 Padauk #1788, Classic CGDA, Electric Bass EADG
RB-8 Drk Blue w/Black Headstock # 6739, Crafty Tuning

NS Stick Transparent Green w/Moses neck #90120, 8-string Guitar Intervals

Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:27 am

I really like the sound of the EMG-RB10. Can you swap out the pickup for the Villex? Greg, on your next video, would it be possible to hear the RB10 on an Alto Railboard? I'd like to get one, but I can't find any videos to at least have an Idea of what an Alto Railboard sounds like. Thanks.

Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:34 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I too have a Railboard in the queue, and emailed some questions to Jeff a couple of days ago, but haven't yet received a reply.

Maybe someone can enlighten me on these?

1) How "low noise" are these pickups? I'm used to having to stand with my Stratocaster in a specific orientation in my music room, especially when I have a compressor in my signal chain. That is super annoying, and I've gotten spoiled by active EMG's on my bass and humbuckers on my Lester. Just wondering if I'm going to be fighting hum all the time with the EMG-RB10 R-block, or if these pickups do a really good job of eliminating that noise.

2) Will a preamp be required with these passive pickups? I plan to run the signal through a Headrush Gigboard, which is analogous to the Line6 HX Stomp that so many use.

Thanks!

Rosewood #1027 Baritone Melody, StickUps
Blue Railboard #7228 Matched Reciprocal, EMG block

Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:20 pm

Quote:
2) Will a preamp be required with these passive pickups? I plan to run the signal through a Headrush Gigboard, which is analogous to the Line6 HX Stomp that so many use.

My Railboard is pretty quiet. Some sort of clean volume boost or preamp is absolutely needed. I think I heard Greg say in the video that the new pickups are a "little louder," but still limited in physical size due to the design of the Railboard. If the Headrush is like the HX Stomp you should have no issues adding volume.

Railboard #7205 MR

Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:25 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Amberhawk wrote:
If the Headrush is like the HX Stomp you should have no issues adding volume.

Your response seems to be saying two different things! :) So to clarify, a Headrush/HX Stomp-type device should be sufficient without a preamp. Hope I'm not hearing just what I want to hear! :D

Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:17 pm

Quote:
Your response seems to be saying two different things! :) So to clarify, a Headrush/HX Stomp-type device should be sufficient without a preamp. Hope I'm not hearing just what I want to hear! :D

Both units have several Amp and Cabinet models built into it. Both units are designed to operate AS your pre-amp. Looking at the Headrush, I don't see why you would need anything else.

My current setup is HX Stomp-->Mixer-->Desktop Speakers.

Another thing i like about these units is it makes practicing on a trip easy. All you need is your stick, your effects unit, and a pair of headphones.

Railboard #7205 MR

Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:07 pm
Contributor
Contributor

This pickup looks really interesting. I'll probably call SE this week to see whats involved in getting my hands on one. I'm curious to see how it sounds with some left hand stuff I've been working on. Emmett's always cooking up some cool stuff!

Kevin

Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:12 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Amberhawk wrote:
Both units have several Amp and Cabinet models built into it. Both units are designed to operate AS your pre-amp. Looking at the Headrush, I don't see why you would need anything else.

My current setup is HX Stomp-->Mixer-->Desktop Speakers.

Another thing i like about these units is it makes practicing on a trip easy. All you need is your stick, your effects unit, and a pair of headphones.

Thanks. And yes, I love the "compactness" of these devices. At one time I had two amps and about a dozen foot pedals. Got the Gigboard and an FRFR powered speaker and ditched everything else except for my Strymon Lex, a Leslie cabinet emulator. The Gigboard has a huge assortment of effects, but sadly no Leslie.

Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:44 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next