It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:30 am

FredTap Date Change - Nov. 14 and 15 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: FredTap Date Change - Nov. 14 and 15
Gee Rob just ruined my whole weekend---I thought I was going to come home with a big fresh head of hair----
Rob,maybe MORE oatmeal stout is required !!

:o :o :shock: :mrgreen:
Mike

Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:12 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Just got home a little while ago. The Redskins won and I had a great weekend of playing music. So thanks to the Universe and to Rob for making it all happen.

Great to hear Steve and Bill play again, and great to hear Alan and Ben play together, a really sound of the Stick and Harpejji together.

Thanks to all the students for coming (form as far away as Ohio, New York and South Carolina!)

Looking forward to FredTap III!

Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:22 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

I just got home, and all I can say is WOW! I had a great time and it was nice meeting all of you!

~T

#6051 Wenge SG12, PASV-4, MR (2012)
#5484 Padauk 12 String Grand Stick, PASV-4 MR (2008)
#5727 Osage Orange 10 String Stick, PASV-4 MR (2008)

- Ted

Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:45 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Incredible weekend! Thanks to everyone that made it possible. I was honestly nervous about attending something like this because I am so new to the instrument, but if anyone has a chance to attend one of these, you owe it to yourself! Rob, Greg, Steve, Bill, and all of the students were super nice and it was just a great time. Can't wait for the next one!

Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:19 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Yes indeed, a fun time was had by all. Rob did a great job setting up FredTap and a special vibe for the weekend was created. Greg and Bill were great and the students were very receptive. Smiles, entertainment, instruction and good beer made for a very special Stick weekend.
Thanks to all who were there

Steve A

Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:56 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

It was great to see everyone there, and appreciate the encouraging words I received from people. Bill, Greg and Steve were all inspirational in their unique style and approach. I felt a little more stressed this year juggling some of the details but was glad that folks seemed to have a good time.

There used to be a bowling alley down the street from the downtown area but it's now the local heavy metal music venue... apologies for breaking any traditions! There wasn't much time to spare, so I suppose we had to strike that from the itinerary. Next time we could set up empty stout bottles in the Picker's Supply space upstairs.

I'm still working on the extra cookies and wine from the concert, don't want it to go to waste...

Rosewood Grand Stick #7025 - Mirrored 4ths 5+7
Paduak Grand Stick #5197 - Mirrored 4ths 6+6

Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:43 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

I think I can speak for everyone Rob, and say what a great job you did organizing this whole event. I left with a ton of information and a direction to move in. It was truly and invaluable experience that I can't thank you enough for. Greg, Bill, and Steve were excellent teachers, and the more advanced students all offered a wealth of knowledge that cannot be replicated by books or videos. I just wish I had some more of that wonderful Stout at the Capital Ale House!

Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:51 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Thanks again Rob for organizing such a great event.

As someone new to the instrument, it's hard to imagine a better overall introduction to the technique, artistry, and community of the Stick (and its tapping-oriented cousins) than the FredTap experience.

It was a pleasure to meet everyone involved, and I'm really looking forward to FredTap III.

--Mike

Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:24 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

WE WANT MORE PICS!!! :D

Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:29 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery