It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:16 pm

NY Stick Seminar May 17-19 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: NY Stick Seminar May 17-19
Just bumping this to the top.

Super-excited for this.

Anyone within striking distance who isn't going to the seminar (and why would you NOT?), part of it is a live performance on Saturday evening at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory, right on the river in the shadow of the Brooklyn Bridge.

Event deets here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1090095 ... 095395432/

Thu May 16, 2024 7:33 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

If I can't be somewhere, I often go to Google Maps and type in the location. Then, there is a little golden guy in the lower right side of the screen that I drag and drop to the map location.
https://www.google.com/maps/search/Broo ... ?entry=ttu

A photo will appear and I can use my mouse pointer to click on the arrows on the street and go for a walk around the neighborhood. I've done this in France, Moscow, you name it. It's amazing how similar various parts of the world are.
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7028619 ... ?entry=ttu

If you've never been to see the Statue of Liberty, now you can.
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6892024 ... ?entry=ttu
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6886743 ... ?entry=ttu

#404 Stick - (1978) Angico hard wood.
#6460 Railboard - Black with glow inlays.

Thu May 16, 2024 12:20 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

It. Was. Awesome.

At my level, totally drinking from a fire hose. If i retain 10 percent of what I learned it'll be a victory.

Huge thanks to Steve, Jim and Randy for making it happen and putting up with us!

Sun May 19, 2024 4:13 pm

the Stick withdrawal is real, hahaha.

I'm still reeling from all I experienced this weekend. It was incredible, I had an absolute blast, and I'm extremely grateful to Jim, Steve, and Randy for putting this on.
I'm really glad my first time playing the Stick was at this event being surrounded by amazing Stickists, who are also amazing people in general.
And the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory performances were awesome! I can now say I jammed on cajon with Steve Adelson :)

I'm going to be hunting for my own Stick, and I hope that when the next NY Stick event rolls around, I'll have my own :)

Mon May 20, 2024 10:18 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Thing is, a bunch of us are now going to be out there scouring the net for a 12-string!

Seriously considering ordering one to replace my 10. Now that I've seen them up close, wrapped my (small) hands around one and had my brain opened up a bit, it seems an obvious move.

Mon May 20, 2024 1:16 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

FantaStick weekend. First, a huge thanks to Jim Meyer for organizing the entire event and Randolph Hudson for hosting at his great Brooklyn studio.
To the students who were receptive to all the info presented, from techniques and exercises, to repertoire and the dreaded "theory". Nice performances in the evening and royal treatment by our venue owner Marc Thompson.
Comradery was abundant. New friendships were made as is typical in the Stick family gatherings. Universally heard the sentiment query "Can we do this again next year?" Why not?
See y'all then, if not before

Lee (Steve Adelson)

Tue May 21, 2024 4:54 am
Profile My Photo Gallery