It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm

Larry Coryell 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Larry Coryell
An early influence on my playing, Larry Coryell graciously played on my 2001 CD "The Answer's Inside" on a tune called
" Nadda Chants....9 on 12" . We played together a few times over the years and became friends
So sorry to hear of his sudden passing

Steve A

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:03 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Larry Coryell
Well that sucks, the passing away part, I mean.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:17 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

This was cool. Maybe a bit off topic, but this is badass. Super cool video clip! I'm nobody, but I think this is special. Super cool. Plus, Bill's Bounce... Totally cool. Thelonious Monk, Duke Ellington, very cool.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:52 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Lee Vatip wrote:
An early influence on my playing, Larry Coryell graciously played on my 2001 CD "The Answer's Inside" on a tune called
" Nadda Chants....9 on 12" . We played together a few times over the years and became friends

Steve A

firstly my sincere condolences to the Coryell family Steve.Loved Larry and his music and all the musicians he played with. You must of loved playing with Larry Steve,what a honor and privilege.You had a great influence. I have a Larry Coryell story also.But hearing of his passing puts me in a repectfull mode to just say bye to this Jazz legend. Thanks Steve.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:06 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Jayesskerr wrote:
This was cool. Maybe a bit off topic, but this is badass. Super cool video clip! I'm nobody, but I think this is special. Super cool. Plus, Bill's Bounce... Totally cool. Thelonious Monk, Duke Ellington, very cool.

Nice Vid

Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:17 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

My drummer just turned me on to him, i was watching 11th house video last week. Sad news. His music lives on . RoknRoll .
https://youtu.be/APV2S_cX2_U

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:57 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Lee Vatip wrote:

Steve A

Sad to lose such an innovator! I ran into Larry at ASU back in the day "literally" in the stairwell behind Gammage auditorium on my way out while he was coming into do a workshop that somehow I wasn't even aware of. He was with the Late "Emily Remler". He stopped me and introduced himself and asked if He could see my Guitar. At the time it was my Ibanez Artwood Artist, he strummed a few chords on and said it was nice but to check out the yamaha SGB2000! LOL

What a cool guy, his album "European Impressions" had a big impact on broadening my musical palate back in the late 70's! God bless his family!

Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:06 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

This is a drag. Had no idea. Loved 11th House. Great player, sounds like a good man, thank you for sharing this, Steve.

Kev

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:18 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

"Nada Chants" a 14 minute track I recorded with Larry is available digitally from Jazzheads records. It was an honor to do this date. Larry was a good guy. He will be missed

Steve A

Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:21 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery