It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:28 am

NS Stick - Naturally Reliced 

Post NS Stick - Naturally Reliced
Hey Stick players,

I thought it would be cool to share pictures of my NS Stick that has been used almost every day (give or take) for about 8 years. As you can see, I use the volume knob quite a bit. It's still going strong, I've replaced the top switch a few times due to excessive use but the internals are still fine as is the rest. It's a true workhorse and one of my main money makers.

Attachment:
original-1c6040ed-e60c-4c75-a3ca-9d5d2549421c.jpeg

Does anybody else on here have a reliced Stick or NS?

Cheers!

George

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:13 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: NS Stick - Naturally Reliced
You may want to send it back to SE for a sprucing up. Do you have much fret wear?

Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:45 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

wow !! It's so refreshing to see an instrument that's being played the hell out of.

Unfortunately, none of my Sticks are anywhere near that, but I have old Fender Jazz [1960s, also early 80s] and Rickenbacker [1977] basses that are literally falling apart, yet I wouldn't dream of ever getting them re-finished or repaired.

I truly love the NS Stick, it is such a great design, and best of all: can be played just like a bass guitar !!

Someday I'd like to get a second one and set it up in Crafty tuning.

Thanks for posting that picture, I'm not sure why but it gave me a real boost of inspiration this morning, cheers !!

Ironwood #285, Classic [flatwounds]
Ironwood #1855, Classic [roundwounds]

SB-8 Padauk #1788, Classic CGDA, Electric Bass EADG
RB-8 Drk Blue w/Black Headstock # 6739, Crafty Tuning

NS Stick Transparent Green w/Moses neck #90120, 8-string Guitar Intervals

Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:07 am
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

For some reason I never really bought into the whole relic thing. To me it's like driving around in a beat up car with one brown door and 2 missing hubcaps.

Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:08 am

Markussz wrote:
You may want to send it back to SE for a sprucing up. Do you have much fret wear?

Heyhey, I'm cool with the look, it makes it look used which is nice! Umm, surprisingly I don't think there's much fret wear, not enough to change playability anyway! I'm also fairly sure NS don't do the dye finish anymore too, possibly because if how easy it is to scar.

It'll get to a point when the dye has completely worn and then maybe I'll send it back

Cheers!

Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:06 pm

Big George Waters wrote:
wow !! It's so refreshing to see an instrument that's being played the hell out of.

Unfortunately, none of my Sticks are anywhere near that, but I have old Fender Jazz [1960s, also early 80s] and Rickenbacker [1977] basses that are literally falling apart, yet I wouldn't dream of ever getting them re-finished or repaired.

I truly love the NS Stick, it is such a great design, and best of all: can be played just like a bass guitar !!

Someday I'd like to get a second one and set it up in Crafty tuning.

Thanks for posting that picture, I'm not sure why but it gave me a real boost of inspiration this morning, cheers !!

Hey, agreed! The NS is SO versatile! I mainly busk with it but I've done some sessions, both guitar and bass ones with it and it's never let me down. I've been loosely on the look out for a spare NS but they are so rare and the waiting list I imagine is still long. I bought a 10 string Stick too which is a brain melter but I love it nonetheless! Cheers!

Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:10 pm

Captain Strings wrote:
For some reason I never really bought into the whole relic thing. To me it's like driving around in a beat up car with one brown door and 2 missing hubcaps.

Hiya!

To be honest, I've never really liked the reliced look. The idea of purchasing a beat up bass done by someone else has never really appealed. However, as this is down to my own hand and purley through gigs, I quite like it. It's all part of the history of the instrument.

It's certainly a love or hate kind of look.

Cheers!

Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:13 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

George!

It looks like a fabulous war-bird that’s seen a lot of action. #_#

https://www.facebook.com/stickradmusic/
https://www.facebook.com/southernstickevents/

Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:43 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

This is not reliced.... He played his ass off honestly and this IS the instrument! The wear the tare the sweat.... All George!!! We should all be so lucky! Good on ya George

Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:16 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

I remember putting scratches in my Jazz Bass, cringing, selling it for $200 in '80 AND APOLOGIZING.
I really miss that bass, but it made me rely only on the fretless P-bass (which I GAVE AWAY in '88)
StupidStupidStupid.

Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:39 am
Profile My Photo Gallery