It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:11 am

[Super Hopeful] WTB: 8-String Warr to Complement NS/Stick 

Post [Super Hopeful] WTB: 8-String Warr to Complement NS/Stick
Hi All,

In my tapping life, I've had a couple vertical sticks (Alto and Classic), but neither of these seemed to jive with my bass guitar/classical guitar background. However, when I acquired my NS/stick, I felt that I had passed through a portal into the tapping realm! As an instrument that I can play horizontally (much like a traditional guitar) AND can tap on, I feel like the layout is ideal for a fellow like me.

Sonically, feel like the best sounds I get from my NS/Stick are restricted to the mid and high ranges (the bass has always felt a bit weak). The sounds are, indeed, fantastic, and this has been okay for a while (I sometimes like to sequence basslines in Ableton Live), but I feel like I need to expand to see what else is out there...

I'd like to experiment with another tapping instrument (that feels more like a guitar), and I've heard great things about the bass sounds from a Warr. I would love to try an 8-string Warr, because I feel that this would perfectly complement my NS/Stick.

Heck, I'm already dreaming of recording melodies on the NS and basslines on the Warr...

My clarion call to this community is simple: if there are any 8-string Warr out there, I'd love to (a) give one a try and (b) maybe help re-home one! I have a classic 10-string stick that I'd definitely be willing to trade, too, if that helps sweeten the deal. For what it's worth, I've saved a pretty penny toward this goal, because for me, this is about the music...

Let me know, good friends, what you have!

Best,
~Nick "Klaus" G.

P.S. If anyone knows of any other awesome 8-string tapping alternatives, I'd love to see what you can suggest!!!

Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:04 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: [Super Hopeful] WTB: 8-String Warr to Complement NS/Stic
The Warr Guitar kicks ass.

K

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:18 pm

K Rex wrote:
The Warr Guitar kicks ass.

So I have been told! Unfortunately, I have heard nasty rumors about poor communication and customer service from the company, so I'm already wary of ordering one direct.

Have you, "Mr. Rex," had any experience dealing with the company?

Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:49 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Yes. Recently spoke with Mark Warr. I believe his approach is not to deal with customers unless they make a down payment. Then he will call you within 24 hours to discuss your desired instrument. While it sounds pretty harsh, he doesn't have employees to field many, many calls from people who ask lots of questions but end up not buying an instrument.

I might add, the wait time is hefty. Used warrs are rare because people keep them. If you can find one, go with it. Make sure it is a buzz feiten instrument.

kev

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:30 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

I play my stick almost horizontally due to a huge problem I have with my left shoulder...12 strings MR...

https://alainauclair.bandcamp.com/

Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:24 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

I can play my Warr pointing downward if I want to, because I don't have the limitation of the belt hook.

The belt hook is probably 80% of the reason I no longer play the stick. Totally restrictive.

K

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:35 pm

Are you still looking for an 8 string Warr? I've got one fs/ft.

Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:05 pm