It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 pm

[GONE] Graphite stick for sale. (maybe a donation even?) 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post [GONE] Graphite stick for sale. (maybe a donation even?)
I have a 12 string graphite stick w/ midi and the PASV 4 block that i'm willing to sell.

it's in good condition with the exception that one of the pots crackles a tiny bit when you turn it
i can knock a hundred or so bucks off the price due to that. if you are interested, let me know.

i don't know what the going rate is on graphites, but do a search on the web site and i'd be inclined to sell if for whatever the lower end of the going price is for graphites. i have another bamboo stick that i use because it's got a custom pickup in it that emmett does not make anymore, otherwise i'd be playing the graphite. It's housed in a molded hard case.

I figure someone should be playing it instead of it sitting in my closet.
so drop me a line at mike.hoegeman@gmail.com if you are interested.

Also , if you are of high school age or thereabouts, i'll substantially reduce the price.
I'd like to see it go to a younger person that wants to learn the stick but maybe can't afford one
at the typical stick pricing.. I also might do the same kind of thing for an instructor that wants to have a instrument for students or has a younger student that is borrowing one of your spares.

In summary, If you have a case you can make to me about how it could be used
in some educational manner i'm open to hearing your idea and maybe i'd donate it or make it available at a low price.

-mike

Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:17 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Graphite stick for sale. (maybe a donation even?)
Wow, good for you Mike!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:08 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Is your Stick still available? Your configuration matches my "wishlist" configuration exactly (I have resigned myself to something simpler and more affordable).

I am a 28 year old spastic who's looking to move away from electric guitar, having found that my spasticity greatly limits my left hand's abilities. The Stick appears to be just the thing for me: tapping eliminates the need to hold pressure on strings, and the position/shape of my left hand while playing Stick would be roughly equivalent to how I'm using my keyboard to type this (awkward phrasing used to illustrate that my left hand is quite functional in this role). My time with guitar has afforded me a disproportionately deep understanding of music theory which I hope to use with the Stick to great effect.

Whereas I'm not exactly looking for charity, I am trying to ascertain how I might afford a Stick. My disability has made me unable to work, hence I'm on a fixed (but regular) income from the government. The rules of the benefit program prevent me from saving enough money to afford a Stick, even reconditioned.

My reasons for owning a Stick are twofold:
  1. Creative expression through music (blues, if possible)
  2. Developing a better understanding of my neuromuscular disorder with Stick method as a metric

Many thanks for making your Stick available and taking the time to read this.

Sun May 27, 2012 1:13 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

I remembered to email Mike about an hour after I posted the above, and he informed me that the Stick in question is spoken for.

Mod, whose name I do not know, please change the thread title since Mike hasn't remembered to update the status.

Mon May 28, 2012 4:23 pm
Site Admin

Robstafarian wrote:
Mod, whose name I do not know, please change the thread title since Mike hasn't remembered to update the status.

Done. :)

Tue May 29, 2012 7:04 am
Profile My Photo Gallery