It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:39 pm

Seeking 10 string Stickup 

Post Seeking 10 string Stickup
Have an extra?
Looking to buy or trade. I have an actv2 block.
Blake, PA US

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:20 am
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: Seeking 10 string Stickup
Unless you can find a Stickup someone swapped out from almost new, why not buy a new one - Stickups are not that expensive. I replaced the original Stickup on my polycarb Stick with new, because the old one was microphonic and noisy, and the pots were shot (no shame to them - it's quite an old Stick). The new one is silent, and it sounds better. I have the old one around somewhere, but you don't want it - or one like it!

Max

Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:03 pm
Contributor
Contributor

What are going to do with all the extra space on either side? Also ,I don't think the mounting holes line up . I like the sound of the Stickup over the Active pickup too.

BassLabs 10 string #5050
PASV4
baritone melody
Mesa Walk About bass amp
Mesa TA-15 amp

Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:49 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

I'm new to the Chapman Stick and the community, so please let me know If I am making a knucklehead move. :)

Hi Maxr,
I didn't see the price for the Stickup on stick.com, so figured they were either not available presently. http://stick.com/prices/ I will email the folks there if none pop up here.

And Rob, Thanks for the heads up about the fit. I am a bit of a wood-worker, so I should be able to come up with a spacer system and put new mounting holes in without too much difficulty, unless I am visualizing the process wrong.

I guess I should poke around the forum some more and see how others have handled this!

Blake

Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:24 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Podzol, I guess that there is no price for the stickup in www.stick.com because it is not available as a separate item, but they will sell you one if you have a stick and need a replacement. Give them a call (not email) and I'm sure that they will help you.
You will need to do new holes for the screws and the extra space is more an aesthetic concern...

Cheers, Daniel.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:38 pm

Thanks, Daniel. I will do this.

Blake

Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:50 pm