It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:35 am

Possible SG12 for sale - Changed my mind. Sorry.... 
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Post Possible SG12 for sale - Changed my mind. Sorry....
I'm toying with the idea of selling one of my SG12s. It's something I don't want to do, but a record heat Texas summer destroyed most of our outdoor festivals that serve as our bread and butter. This instrument is my backup, as I've recently grown fond of my other SG with Stickup.

I'm not 100% sure I'll sell it, but I'm leaning that way. We have a couple of big shows this month and things will depend heavily on the outcome of these gigs.

Here are the specs:

SG12 in wenge wood

White pearl dots in typical Stick fashion.

Custom tuning - It's essentially SG12 MR with the bass side down a whole step. Bringing it back up to regular MR wouldn't be difficult, if desired.

Hybrid string set - Light gauge melody with slightly thicker bass (Emmett put this set together for me to compensate for the lower tuning).

PASV-4 pickup

Roland GK3 pickup on the bass side (nice for clean melody soloing over pads and synths in the left hand.

Hard Anvil-style case

This Stick with above features would be somewhere around $3200. If I sell it, I'm thinking around $2600 plus shipping, continental US only. I'll keep updating on this thread as I reach a decision.

NOT FOR SALE***** I decided that I can't part with it. It's too damn cool.

http://www.heartstringslive.com
http://www.youtube.com/tapper1472

"With one note you can shatter a thousand notes" - Carlos Santana

Last edited by heartstrings on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:44 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Post Re: Possible SG12 for sale
Matt,
I am in the market for a SG12 but I am unsure of my choice of pickups. I was considering the PASV-4 but it had to many knobs ect, for me to deal with. So your reason to sell this SG12? I see your keeping the Stickup SG12. Have you owned a ACTV-2 equipped Stick? I like the layout of the ACTV-2 that also could be swappable (sic) with other brand pickups.
Thanks,
Fiddle.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:22 am
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

secondfiddle wrote:
Matt,
I am in the market for a SG12 but I am unsure of my choice of pickups. I was considering the PASV-4 but it had to many knobs ect, for me to deal with. So your reason to sell this SG12? I see your keeping the Stickup SG12. Have you owned a ACTV-2 equipped Stick? I like the layout of the ACTV-2 that also could be swappable (sic) with other brand pickups.
Thanks,
Fiddle.

Hey Fiddle. I've come to prefer the Stickup SG for my celtic and bluegrass material. The PASV4 SG actually wins on the bluesy, more "electric" sounds. It is purely a decision based on the style of music I'm into. There is nothing wrong with the PASV4 on the short-scale Sticks. I had a favorite setting on the PASV4 and pretty much kept it there at all times.

http://www.heartstringslive.com
http://www.youtube.com/tapper1472

"With one note you can shatter a thousand notes" - Carlos Santana

Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:11 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Matt,
Thanks for the info on the SG12, the Stickup is definatley the pickup for celtic and bluegrass as its stacatto sound lends itself to the songs.

Fiddl'e

Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:48 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Possible SG12 for sale - Changed my mind. Sorry....
good for you, matt

if you decided to sell it.
my instinct was telling me to buy it.
and just hold onto it.
until you wanted it.
back.

... and i would have gladly returned it to you... for what i paid plus one dollar.
... just to teach you a lesson.

=o) really happy you're keeping it. =o)

jimi

Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:05 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Re: Possible SG12 for sale - Changed my mind. Sorry....
w8ing4thewindshield wrote:
good for you, matt

if you decided to sell it.
my instinct was telling me to buy it.
and just hold onto it.
until you wanted it.
back.

... and i would have gladly returned it to you... for what i paid plus one dollar.
... just to teach you a lesson.

=o) really happy you're keeping it. =o)

jimi

Agreed. And if you do decide to sell it, pm me first, and not him.

:lol:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:07 pm