It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:43 pm

SOLD: Rosewood Alto Stick 

Post SOLD: Rosewood Alto Stick
I have a barely been used Rosewood Alto Stick #5401 with Fret Rails.
It is currently set up with Mirrored Fourths tuning (though easily changed).
It has fret rails.
Comes with Flight case, some cables.

Not certain what to offer it for. I am in New York area.

Last edited by hzamir on Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:06 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: For Sale: Rosewood Alto Stick
Asking pirce?????????

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:28 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

I'm entertaining reasonable offers. You should contact me at my gmail address (using hzamir). I want less than a New Alto stick, obviously, but I do want to move it.

Let me give more detail about the condition. I purchased this a a few years back near when alto sticks came out. It is almost untouched, I am afraid to say, because I'm a working stiff who rarely has time, and the whole electric aspect, and not have a dedicated space at home where I can just whip it out and play, has really hindered its use, because I only have spare moments.

The strings of course probably need to be replaced just sitting on the instrument a while. I have done two things to this stick. One is I put tiny Avery label colored dots on all the 'C' frets under each string. That was to help orient me in finding notes (I'm not a real string player, can you tell?).

I believe those dots will come off with no consequence to the finish. I recall even desticking the backsides of the labels first to weaken the not very strong adhesive.

The second thing is that I replaced the standard belt hook in the back with a lower profile version that allows the fretboard to be flat against my chest. (Having it angled to help me see the fretboard really killed my wrist). The point is, that though Stick Enterprises sent me a different belt hook, they didn't send shorter screws. I attempted to replace the screws with something from home depot, they seemed the same thread, but I was slightly off. It felt to me like when I put in the new screws that I may have made an insignificant defect at the end of the holes (invisible) just under the stickup. That is as full a disclosure as I can give as to its condition.

The stick looks gorgeous and pristine as it is. I could barely believe what a work of art it was when I got it, (and I had already owned another stick).

I have lot's of other stuff I would be happy to throw some of it in that I don't have plans to individually sell if anyone is interested. A Korg Pandora thingy, I have mounted on the belt hook, A Guitar Rig 3 (update from 2), with a Rig2 Kontroller, extra variety of cables.

I also have a pair of Alesis pedals that I had wired up to the Rig Kontroller.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:40 am

I posted photos of the stick on my flickr account, taken with an iphone.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tesilab/se ... 538456214/

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:57 am