It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:29 pm

dual midi decked out grand on da'day 
Contributor
Contributor

Post dual midi decked out grand on da'day
not mine etc but pretty much close to it, fully loaded.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0698054517

I had to laugh at the reason for selling. I had a down stairs neighbor that complained but it wasn't loud so the landlord sided with me and he moved out.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:00 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Re: dual midi decked out grand on da'day
Not like you can't practice through headphones? :lol:

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:50 pm

It was a scam - i bid and won, then after paying got a "cancellation" notice from ebay - trying to get my $3400 back right now - should have known better - Norway? Zero feedback? total scammer trying to rip people off

Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:27 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, that's too bad, sorry to hear it.
I wish you best through the process of recovering your $.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:06 am
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, that's too bad, sorry to hear it.
I wish you best through the process of recovering your $.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:07 am

UPDATE - well not a TOTAL scam - working with seller now - he didnt realize he put "free shipping to USA" and found td it was going to be in excess of $200 to ship it to me. Were working on a solution - wish me luck - I WANT this stick - its perfect (well almost - i wanted graphite but heheheh)

Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:46 pm

Problem solved - just paid for shipping and seller was good with it - so stick is on its way!

Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:42 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Good to hear. I was surprised when he said "Free shipping" and was from Norway. :lol: But he originally listed it for about 4000$. I figured the shipping was included in that upcharge. :lol:

Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:16 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Well that's great news. Did ebay tell you why they deleted your bid?

Also what are your plans for the dual midi?

Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:54 pm

Ebay didn't "delete the bid" the seller did - again after accepting my offer (lower than his asking price) he didn't realize he was committing to a 200+ shipping charge to the usa - so he canceled the sale ( and i understand it would have been a HUGE hit for him considering my offer). I contacted him through eBay and said i would pay for the shipping, and he was ok with that - paid through pay pal, so everything is covered under protection plan.

As far as the Midi - well I have been using midi on stringed instruments since the first gk77b. I currently have RNC polydrive Midi on my jerzy drozd 9 string (http://www.jerzydrozdbasses.com/c3.htm) as well as Ghost hexpander pickups on pretty much everything i build (http://www.apcinstruments.com) - so this is my normal territory :). I was going to try and build a "stick-type" of instrument- but i was not able to aquire bridge hardware that could accommodate the narrow spacing... and i didn't really want to wait either.

I have a rack with 4 gk-20 converters and a focusrite sapphire pro (8 channel)in it connected to my laptop running abelton live - i use it as a "looper on crack" - I also have a 5 string upright that has MIDI/Poly drive on it -

so the end game is to have the Jerzy 9, the upright and the chapman stick all plugged into the laptop and capable of controlling ANY aspect of the abelton live software - currently the upright and the jerzy are working fine just wanted to add the stick as well -

so im pretty happy with the way everything turned out even if there was a little 24 hour stress out but all in all i think im gonna be REALLY freaking happy when all this comes together

So hope that answers all your questions - and im looking forward to posting some videos when this is all assembled

peace

C3

Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:17 am