It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:09 am

Bought one! No longer looking for an SB8 or 10-String Grand 

Post Bought one! No longer looking for an SB8 or 10-String Grand
Title says it all. Would love an SB8 with the bass guitar dot pattern but flexible on this. I could probably live with a regular 10-string but I'll be stringing it in Dual Bass Reciprocal for that low-end clank, and I'd much prefer the wider string spacing of the SB8 or 10 String Grand.

PM me if you have something.

Last edited by pharaohamps on Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:50 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: WTB - SB8 or 10-String Grand
You may be in luck. I just came across this on ebay(I'm a junkie). I have nothing to do with the seller but it looks in reasonable condition. Hopefully it doesn't sell for too high a price.

Good Luck

Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:25 pm

Post Re: WTB - SB8 or 10-String Grand
Ended already, sadly. That one was just about perfect (I would have preferred it with the bass guitar dot pattern and longer scale!)

:(

Oh, well. Still looking! I'd be pretty happy with a regular 10-string as long as it has the newer type adjustable bridge. There's a nice looking ironwood on here that was just posted but I can't hang with the old-school bridge screws.

Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:08 pm

Post Re: Bought one! No longer looking for an SB8 or 10-String G
Found one! It's a 10-string rosewood with adjustable truss and bridge, but nut screws instead of Flaps.

Currently setup as Baritone Melody, but I'll get it strung as Dual Bass Reciprocal in a hurry. :)

Now I need one of those custom Stickups with the EMG on the melody side!

:D

Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:20 pm

Thank you for buying that stick!

It was totally tormenting me the past few days.
I was pretty close to buying it myself. It looks like a great deal.
But I'm not *quite* financially ready. I was doing some number crunching though... I need to wait a few more months I think. If it was already equipped with a block module, I don't think I could have resisted.

Are you going to send it in for a work up?
I'm also curious if it has fret rails or not. The post said it did, but I checked the stick timeline, and I doesn't seem fret rails were available when that one was made.

Anyway, post about it once you get it. It really looks like a great deal.

Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:10 pm

I would also love to install a Block in this. I believe that you are right about it not having Rails, despite the seller's comment. I think that Rods would look sufficiently different from guitar frets to confuse most folks, and the difference to a non-Stickist is probably pretty trivial.

I will probably end up making my own pickup module and fitting it in the Stickup cavity. Can't be that hard to do...

Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:46 pm