It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:49 pm

Nevermind - Please Remove this Post :) 

Post Nevermind - Please Remove this Post :)
To the mods: please remove this post if possible.
I previously posted a tapping bass for trade but have had a big change of heart and decided to hold onto it.

Apologies for cluttering the classifieds! :o

Last edited by tb.taps on Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:01 am

Post Re: For TRADE: Felix Martin 10 String Tapping Bass

Last edited by tb.taps on Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:03 am

Last edited by tb.taps on Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:04 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

That is quite an intriguing instrument, and after watching the videos which you posted, I can see why this might not be the instrument for you, and why you could be wanting to go the Stick route instead, as the same thing happened to me with my Warr Phalanx 12 - beautiful instrument, but way beyond my technical or physical abilities - however, I chose to keep it knowing I would never see another one again.

The website you linked is beyond belief, truly magnificent works of art this builder creates !! [^I did not check for prices...]

What you mention about the instrument that you have would not deter me in the slightest - however I have nothing to trade, nor could I afford what I assume would be a pretty substantial asking price.

Good luck... and is there a chance you could keep it worst comes to worst ??

I know I've let go of instruments I swore I would never play again, 20 years later I'd do anything to have them back !!

Saving the link to this builder, as Felix really has some very remarkable designs happening there which could open the door to some amazing possibilities...

Ironwood #285, Classic [flatwounds]
Ironwood #1855, Classic [roundwounds]

SB-8 Padauk #1788, Classic CGDA, Electric Bass EADG
RB-8 Drk Blue w/Black Headstock # 6739, Crafty Tuning

NS Stick Transparent Green w/Moses neck #90120, 8-string Guitar Intervals

Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:33 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

*oh, one last point I'd like to mention... while I was having my morning breakfast, I thought of how if that were my instrument - the first thing I would do is change the tuning.

I'm going to make a bad assumption that both necks are tuned B E A D G.

I'd probably keep the bottom neck B E A D G but the top neck I'd possibly go with D A E G with possibly a high C, strung exactly as yours is - or maybe C G D A E [actually E A D G C which is classic 5ths so the heaviest strings would be running down the center - that is how my RB 8 is set up...

wow... lots to digest there even for me, as I'll be thinking about that some more during my morning tea outside in the front yard with my dog.

so fret not if you cant sell or trade this magnificent instrument of yours, because the tuning possibilities are endless and instruments like that can open new doors you never though possible.

I'm going to bookmark this thread to be able to check the status of if it gets sold, as I am not on line too much but I am interested in what happens here.

Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:22 am

Big George, appreciate hearing your reaction! I've also thought about flipping strings to have the lowest in the center on both sides, similar to a Stick. Dual bass reciprocal would probably work really well. That would require flipping the nut as well, which probably isn't a big deal, but gave me pause. Surprisingly, despite how strange a crossed-hands playing position in a matched reciprocal tuning appears to most non-Stick players, it became so comfortable to me over the ~year that I had a Stick that I really miss it. This is certainly a beautiful instrument and very fun to play, but it seems I've developed a preference when it comes to tapping instruments.

If I can't find someone interested in a trade, it's certainly not the end of the world. I also have flip flopped and regret selling some unique instruments in the past! But I am hopeful :D

Thanks again for your interest!

Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:21 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

One thing about your instrument which really caught me off guard, is the fact that there is such a huge space between the - necks - but at the same time, it's way closer than a double neck guitar/bass...

I was always intrigued how Traktor Topaz designed his Mobius Megatars with a good sized space in the middle, and I could be wrong but I think he was the first to do so.

Warr did the same thing with some of their more exotic 12 - 16 string instruments, so what Felix is doing is kind of taking that concept and pushing it even further.

I'd be curious as to how Felix came up with his designs, looking at his website some of the designs feature necks with different scales, I have to go back and look at the actual fret positions as I'd be real curious if he is doing something I wish more instrument makers would do: create instruments with say 15 note octaves like a Saz... or get into microtonal fret set ups....

It is astonishing to think how even today, there is still room to be inventive with new designs, and that is what will keep artistry evolving.

I'm very glad you posted this thread, as Felix's designs are indeed very intriguing... quite different from the Chapman Stick, but at the same time that's the beauty of what Feliz is doing.

After all, variety is the spice of life :)

Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:06 am