It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:26 pm

Bamboo 12 String Grand/ Stickup for sale #6514 asking $3,000 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Bamboo 12 String Grand/ Stickup for sale #6514 asking $3,000
SOLD...Selling my 12 String Grand Stick w/ Turquoise inlays. It has a StickUp. She is set up has brand new strings . Im also adding another set of Classic high bass 4th strings, 2 Stereo chords, truss wrench and also instructional books, should you want them. She comes in a soft case.
contact me if you are interested. Thanks for your time!

SOLD... thanks one and all for your interest!!! blessings to the Stick family!!!

Last edited by rclere on Mon May 15, 2023 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun May 07, 2023 7:36 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: Bamboo 12 String Grand/ Stickup for sale #6514 asking $3
Boy that should go quick. May I ask why are you selling? What else you got in your arsenal? Just curious. BTW I love my 12 Grand.

Mon May 08, 2023 5:18 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

rclere wrote:
Selling my 12 String Grand Stick w/ Turquoise inlays. It has a StickUp. She is set up has brand new strings . Im also adding another set of Classic high bass 4th strings, 2 Stereo chords, truss wrench and also instructional books, should you want them. She comes in a soft case.
contact me if you are interested. Thanks for your time!

Did you stop playing Stick man?

Mon May 08, 2023 8:45 am

hi! do you have pics?
I'm just not that familiar with when stuff like the truss rods and linear vs dot inlays and all that good stuff changed and I don't know if serial numbers decode (I kind of get the sense that they are actual serial..as in series numbers as opposed to date codes and the like)

so I though it'd save questions, even questions I don't know to ask

thanks much!

Tue May 09, 2023 12:10 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I P'md you... for some reason I can not post pictures here:( send me your email and Ill send pics

Wed May 10, 2023 8:22 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Friends and fellow Stickists... As you see from the post above I am selling my Stick... I am stepping away from playing and performing out for a number of reasons. 1. I injured my right middle finger doing martial arts, and the repair is surgical and requires 3 months of the whole hand being immobilized. Which means I can not work practicing acupuncture for that period of time. it is frustrating that I am so limited to what I can do tapping and also making chords. 2. My creative "well" has been dry for some time... I keep trying to push it , sitting in my home studio "trying" to create something and all too often I am just frustrated and sad... to continue on this way hurts my spirit and I am going to change the focus of my creative endeavors. 3. I started playing the bass in 1968... In that time I have had the pleasure and honor to play and tour with many wonderful cats, most notably Taj Mahal, David Crosby, Graham Nash, Scott Cossu. Ive shared the stage with Billy Cobham, Hot Tuna, Andy Narell and others. So, I have had a very good run, but it is time to do something different. I still have my 2 West African Ngoni's I will continue to play at my leisure. At 70... my time on the planet is limited and I want to make the best use of this I can... My beloved wife Debra, has just retired and we are going to do some traveling, make art together etc. I have been a practicing acupuncturist/ trauma healer for 42 years. this is my Raizon Detra! I will continue to practice medicine, qi gong, meditation etc.In closing I just want to acknowledge ALL that I have gotten from you WONDERFUL folks on this forum... What a rich and wonderful community that has developed over all of these years. Recently the passing of Emmett and Greg has been hard on the community. However, ALL of you carry on this beautiful legacy. I want to also acknowledge particularly my long 20 year relationship with Greg... He was my mentor and teacher... Steve Adelson whom I studied with over the years. He is a fine teacher and got me over my fear of theory... Don Schiff... another wonderful player, friend and mentor. Gene Perry... a wonderful soul who I had the privilege of spending time with... I wish you all so much creative joy and happiness in your endeavors!!! somebody!! buy this wonderful 12 String grand... Trey Gunn said it has the best bass end of any Stick he has every heard!!! bye for now

Wed May 10, 2023 8:40 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

"I have been a practicing acupuncturist/ trauma healer for 42 years. this is my Raizon Detra!"

rclere, may your journey in life continue to be fulfilling, and I can completely understand your desire to go on a new path, as I am about to the the same myself, for very similar reasons.

Ironwood #285, Classic [flatwounds]
Ironwood #1855, Classic [roundwounds]

SB-8 Padauk #1788, Classic CGDA, Electric Bass EADG
RB-8 Drk Blue w/Black Headstock # 6739, Crafty Tuning

NS Stick Transparent Green w/Moses neck #90120, 8-string Guitar Intervals

Fri May 12, 2023 8:12 am