It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:56 pm

SOLD 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post SOLD
After 20 months I just received my SB8 -4ths Standard Bass (straight 4ths like a 8 string bass).Bamboo., Active 2 . beautiful hard case (new edition).took it out of the box last night.
never thought the wait would be this long , while the long wait I invested some money on a beautiful bass build. after such along wait I really don't want to sell this brand new beauty.ill post pictures if there's any interest. thanks.,Larry.

Last edited by stickyfingers on Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:30 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Re: SB-8 for sale
That can happen, you wait and wait and wait, and during that time you decide to seek a different path, and the next thing you know - it arrives !!

When I first glanced at your post, I was like - wait - it just came, and it's for sale already ?? but after reading your post, I totally understand why you are doing this.

A while back, I was really into the idea of a 12 string Railboard, to the point where I was all set to make a deposit and then do extra payments during the build so the pain would be much less once the day would come, but - in retrospect it's a good thing I did not go that path, and instead chose to modify my RB - 8 so it could do exactly what I need it to do, which it does very very well.

Good luck selling your SB-8, those are very exciting instruments when set up like 2 bass guitars, Classic 5ths C G D A and standard 4ths E A D G, with the heavy strings running down the center, so I guess it would be looking at the instrument laying on the floor with the headstock in front of you:
A D G C E A D G

Grace turned me on to that tuning years ago when I had no interest in a Stickbass whatsoever, yet today it's by far the most exciting instrument I own, along with my RB-8 set up in Crafty tuning [my idea] with my own bridge mods after the fact to make her really really shine :)

So if for some reason there's no nibbles on your new instrument, and you are able to keep the instrument from a financial standpoint, if the tuning it came in bores you, that 5ths 4ths bass set up i just described might really make you reconsider selling your new instrument - trust me on that :)

Cheers

Ironwood #285, Classic [flatwounds]
Ironwood #1855, Classic [roundwounds]

SB-8 Padauk #1788, Classic CGDA, Electric Bass EADG
RB-8 Drk Blue w/Black Headstock # 6739, Crafty Tuning

NS Stick Transparent Green w/Moses neck #90120, 8-string Guitar Intervals

Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:58 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Yeah George I had a SB-8 5ths -4ths very fun to play. I can adapt to any configurations . it's not even about not liking it, it's about moving some smart money around. a lot of life situations have a cured in the last 2 years. I have had 6 sticks and moving toward 70s I guess I'm cured in the stick department. believe me this is not a desperate fire sale. it will not be for sale very long at all.

Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:54 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Attachment:
IMG_1029.jpeg
Attachment:
IMG_1030.jpeg
Attachment:
IMG_1031.jpeg
Attachment:
IMG_1032.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:45 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

just pm'd ya

Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:55 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post SOLD
stickyfingers wrote:
After 20 months I just received my SB8 -4ths Standard Bass (straight 4ths like a 8 string bass).Bamboo., Active 2 . beautiful hard case (new edition).took it out of the box last night.
never thought the wait would be this long , while the long wait I invested some money on a beautiful bass build. after such along wait I really don't want to sell this brand new beauty.ill post pictures if there's any interest. thanks.,Larry.

Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:52 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

SOLD

Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:53 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: SB-8 for sale SOLD
stickyfingers wrote:
Attachment:
IMG_1029.jpeg
Attachment:
IMG_1030.jpeg
Attachment:
IMG_1031.jpeg
Attachment:
IMG_1032.jpeg

Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:57 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Re: SOLD
That was fast !!

May this new instrument give it's new owner much joy and inspiration for many years to come...

Ironwood #285, Classic [flatwounds]
Ironwood #1855, Classic [roundwounds]

SB-8 Padauk #1788, Classic CGDA, Electric Bass EADG
RB-8 Drk Blue w/Black Headstock # 6739, Crafty Tuning

NS Stick Transparent Green w/Moses neck #90120, 8-string Guitar Intervals

Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:17 am