It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:28 am

SOLD: UK Stick #1642 Original with hard case) 

Post SOLD: UK Stick #1642 Original with hard case)
I’m selling my Ironwood 10 String Stick #1642 bought on this forum in 2020

£1,200 OBO plus shipping. UK/EU/Worldwide.

This is an original spec Chapman Stick 10 String circa 1980s. Ironwood I think (possibly rosewood as the wood has enriched and matured beautifully). Flattened top rather than curved denoting its original status.

Its clean and comes with new Light Gauge Stick Strings as per Stick ent’s recommendations. All tuners are smooth and not slipping or clogging, the instrument has the original Stickup Pickups which are stock original for the original Stick sound.

It has had a new string mute/dampener fitted and a new unworn leather shoulder strap is included. Frets are clean with no signs of excessive wear and the fretboard is clean with no gouging or scoops. The original chickenhead knobs are included (although I have fitted aluminium knobs for a more modern look, the original knobs are included).

It comes with the original Stick hard case and hardware but the inside badly needs a refoam. You can either do that yourself or get it refoamed at Stick Enterprises.

I am living in Scotland, Dumfries and Galloway (just below Edinburgh/Glasgow) and happy to meet the buyer to collect. I can ship internationally, prices will be expensive but I have shipped basses to the EU in the past. With the hard case and extra internal padding I see no problem there.

Last edited by PunkPonyPrincess on Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:52 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: FS: UK Stick #1642 Original with hard case)
PM Sent.

Bamboo Grand 12 2024 #7472 Stickup Low Xtnd Classic Melody (Outer 5ths)
Bamboo Grand 12 2009 #5826 PASV4 Low Xtnd Classic Melody (Outer 5ths)
Graphite 10 2009 #5862 PASV4 Classic

Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:12 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Not to dispel any inquires but my Ironwood had the two bars in the back and Emmett put an adjustable truss rod in when refurbishing. Also the original p.u. was replaced because it went microphonic. #1212 '84. Nice looking instrument.

Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:44 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

AnDroiD wrote:
Not to dispel any inquires but my Ironwood had the two bars in the back and Emmett put an adjustable truss rod in when refurbishing.

I observed the lack of an adjustable truss rod before sending my PM. It didn't put me off.

Modern international shipping costs would probably be a significant factor in any future Transatlantic refurbishment?

Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:53 am

Thank you all.

Yes, Stick can send you an entire replacement pickup module as its a user-fittable swapout. I don’t *think* the pickup cavity has changed since this model, but others will advise. The pick-up cab be microphonic but I have seen some of the older players use a wedge of foam behind the pickup module to alleviate microphony. But a new pickup is of course the way to go if you feel you want to. It doesn’t pick up RF though. Not here anyway.

I found another shot of an angle I did not upload, of the pickup:

The recommended string sets for this are original Classic Light Gauge (due to the lack of truss rod in these models). I checked the neck for bending (I play 6 & 8 string basses from a local luthier here: ACG basses (all flat profile) and its something I keep an eye on) but the Stick is straight and true with no lateral or longitudinal warping. Stick Enterprises will fit a truss rod if you want it. And replacement foams for cases are available but last time I asked Jeff (Mack) there, they need the case sent back to them.

Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:09 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

PunkPonyPrincess wrote:
Yes, Stick can send you an entire replacement pickup module as its a user-fittable swapout.

That's an interesting point to remember, if it ever becomes relevant. Thanks for pointing it out.

Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:32 am

This is now sold to David,
Many thanks — and enjoy!

Claire

Last edited by PunkPonyPrincess on Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:47 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

It's a beautiful instrument at a great price. If I lived in the UK I might of bought it just because. Oh and you can buy foam anywhere for the case and Do It Your Self!

Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:34 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

What a beautiful instrument! And the StickUp is still a great pickup modul! Incredible with the "bass" strings, and a telecaster-like sound in the highest notes! I love it!

And for the foam: like AnDroiD said: do it yourself.

congratulations to the new owner!

Wenge #6716 ACTV-2
Rosewood ALTO #5686 Stickup

Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:20 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

meugel wrote:

And for the foam: like AnDroiD said: do it yourself.

If you do not have experience and tools, it will be difficult to do it in order to achieve a good visual effect. In this case, it is better to measure accurately and order somewhere specific cuboids, which you can arrange in a modular case or cover the cut foam with some material.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

10-String 5↓4↑ Internally C Matched Padouk Stick #351 with XXL GK & Stickup
12-String 5↓4↑ Internally C Matched XG Grand Stick #5428 with dual GK & Custom Pickups
10-String 5↓4↑ Internally A Matched Tarara Alto Stick #5689 with GK & Stickup

Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:54 am
Profile My Photo Gallery