It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:07 am

preamps/heads for sale - Rane, Phil Jones, Demeter + more? 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post preamps/heads for sale - Rane, Phil Jones, Demeter + more?
Hi folks,

I'm doing a bit of house keeping here and have several Stick related preamps and heads I'm thinking of parting with. Potentially up for grabs are:

Phil Jones D-400 bass head. This is an amazing little bass head. Roughly the size of a 1/2 rack space, it's a 400 watt digital bass head with solid state preamp. It was the predecessor to the current Bass Pulse One from Phil Jones, but actually a higher quality unit. It originally sold for around $1000 I think, whereas the Bass Pulse One is aimed at a lower price point of around $500 I think. I have this listed on eBay currently (under the seller thossounds), with a starting bid $399. It's a very "hi-fi" sounding preamp and eq, very clean and has a built in limiter. I bought it to try out and was thinking of using it for most live gigs, but ran into one "feature" I didn't like... the effects return jack is actually routed before the eq. Doesn't really work for me.. so here it is. The unit is very clean, only played at home, comes with original box, gig bag, speaker cable, manual, etc.

Rane AP-13 - this if you don't know was the predecessor to the SP-13, although more or less the same thing. Designed originally for acoustic guitars that had separate mic and piezo pickup outputs, it's actually a mono or stereo input with independent or mixed mono outputs. Separate EQs for both sides, effects sends, returns, etc, 1 rack space. I just gave this about a 10 minute play test running through all the features. Everything appears to be working fine. Moving the EQ sliders causes a slight crackle as they're moving, but only while you're actually moving them (which I suppose means some cleaning would help). I'll likely list this on eBay shortly, but PM me if you're interested?

Demeter HBP-1 tube bass preamp. Single rack space bass pre that sounds quite good for the Stick. I got it to try with the bass side of course, and I like it there, but found it's actually pretty interesting for the melody side as well. I'm used to using solid state pre's on the melody, but having a tube pre there is nice. I bought this used so I'm not sure how old it is, but it's totally clean, no sonic issues. New these sell for around $929. Best offer?

I may have some others as I continue to go through things here. It's been a year or so of a ton of bass head "reviewing" here ;-)

Message me if you're interested or have questions? Thanks!

Tom Griesgraber
www.thossounds.com

Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:55 pm