It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 am

Railboard Sale or Trade: NS stick Bass Stick Tom Clement 6 

Post Re: Railboard Sale or Trade: NS stick Bass Stick Tom Clement
Will adult strings grow in their place?

Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:46 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Basically those strings all literally snapped off from using too much furious hand movement combined with anger induced "fury tapping" , and it totally annihilated the seller's appendages, so now he can't ever play it and has to sell it!

Funny story, I beleive that that particular instrument was made from smelted aluminum that was once an hvac curb. Scary.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:04 pm

you guys are a humorous bunch. I was really a frustrated bass player trying to man this thing that was a beast all on it's own. I did not have the time to put into this instrument, and it is deffinitely not a ukelele you can just strum a few times a day, it takes time and dedication to get good at this. I experimented alot with different strings, tunings and configurations. I realize the stick looks a little strange with missing strings i will restring it and take some better photos . It's brand new that I can say for sure. You can speak to Emmet about it more , its the only 8 string railboard he made. In meantime please keep entertaining me .

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:09 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Thanks for the back story Paul. We don't get out very much, so apologies for poking fun at your expense.

For what it's worth, if you were in fact the person that requested the 8-string Railboard, you are THE first person to order one AND it looks like it's spawned an officially new version of the Railboard.

12-string railboarders are hating on you - like - EMMETT GET BACKz TO WORK ON 12-STRING RAILBOARD....!!!!! To which I have to chuckle as a 10-stringr.

The price is fair and I'm hopeful someone will take you up on THE first 8 string Railboard. It's a beauty.

bNatch - correct me if I'm wrong here, but I suspect this is officially the first 8-string RailBass, oui?

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:19 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

earthgene wrote:
Thanks for the back story Paul. We don't get out very much, so apologies for poking fun at your expense.

For what it's worth, if you were in fact the person that requested the 8-string Railboard, you are THE first person to order one AND it looks like it's spawned an officially new version of the Railboard.

12-string railboarders are hating on you - like - EMMETT GET BACKz TO WORK ON 12-STRING RAILBOARD....!!!!! To which I have to chuckle as a 10-stringr.

The price is fair and I'm hopeful someone will take you up on THE first 8 string Railboard. It's a beauty.

bNatch - correct me if I'm wrong here, but I suspect this is officially the first 8-string RailBass, oui?

I totally want a 12 string railboard... I play the 12 string exclusively at this point, my 10str railboard mostly gets admired due to coolness...

Anyways, glad y'all could see the humour; my post was intended to be in fun! :D

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:30 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

It could be a bass Ukulele with a "wild" string right now. (I would like the other three strings, I live for the challenge. That's why I have TWELVE! HAHAHA) (yeah, I don't get out much either. Note my glib posts...) And for the record, I'm originally a bassist that ordered my 12-string DBR but a year ago switched to DMR. Still like to two-hand tap the bass but the DBR proved to be too redundant and impractical but I still like low voicings in my r.h. so DMR is working out quite right for this instruMENTAList.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:39 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Hey Hey Paul....
Sorry for piling on and goofing at your expense.....you're a good sport about it. You are correct stating that the Stick requires a certain level of commitment, I too am a bass player and nothing more.
That being said, we all see some crazy classifieds here from time to time, missing strings, bridge saddles all lined up in a perfect row, rusty strings, machine heads missing or turned backwards, playboy stickers on headstocks (wait a tic.....that's my Stick.....)etc.

Best to throw those strings back on and repost like nothing ever happened.

Cheers,
Cork Soaker

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:33 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

I gotta be honest here. I could not man this thing. It is it's own animal, not a toy for bass players.

Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:11 pm

Hey, Paul... what was the original tuning for which you ordered this instrument?

Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:38 pm

Where are you located, and is the Railboard still for sale?

Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:46 pm