It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am

Railboard for sale - ***SOLD*** 

Post Railboard for sale - ***SOLD***
#6968 Railboard, blue, matched reciprocal tuning, medium gauge, R-Block, pearl gray open gear Hipshot tuners, aqua glow epoxy linears
with 15' CBI stereo cable & XLR adapter cable and strap, $2200
$ 260. for SKB hard shell case

$2,460.
$ 55. for shipping & handling by UPS ground / insured
$2,515 - purchased November 2016

$180 - Stand

------
$2695

***Update: Educational materials have been sold ***

For the instrument only or any part of the package, make an offer

Blue Railboard #6968 - "Baby Blue"

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it; Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." - Goethe

Last edited by Elvensong on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:04 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Re: Railboard for sale
Bump

Looks great!!! Wish I had the extra $$...

https://www.facebook.com/rulyongo

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQk_6T ... rOoBXeHHUA

Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:57 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Hi Dean,
Looks like a beautiful instrument.
Does the fingerboard have the 'textured' surface or the super smooth surface?
I may be interested in this.

Thanks
Harry

#6313 Grand Stick, rosewood, classic tuning,
PASV-4, smoky gray Hipshot tuners,
turquoise linear inlays

Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:08 am

lminor7 wrote:
Hi Dean,
Looks like a beautiful instrument.
Does the fingerboard have the 'textured' surface or the super smooth surface?
I may be interested in this.

Thanks
Harry

Hey Harry, this has a textured fretboard.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it; Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." - Goethe

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Dean,

You do realize that this forum is almost exclusively read by people who either have one of the many variations on the stick and are looking for opinions / advice if they're just starting out, or advertising themselves by sharing info on upcoming performances, or at the very least know what a Chapman Stick is.

Anybody looking to buy an instrument here who does not research that instrument at http://www.stick.com should not be here.

Your post does not mention the retail price of the railboard itself ($2,200.00 new from SE) but does mention your asking price for the railboard plus $260.00 for the hard shell case ($260.00 new from SE), Therefore, you want someone to buy your used instrument and case for the same $2,460.00, for which Stick Enterprises would sell you a shiny brand new one. True, the buyer would get it more quickly, but he or she would have to settle for your specifications rather than their own.

I came here because I own a grand stick and am looking to switch to a 10-string instrument. I might have expected a post like yours at eBay but not here.

In a nutshell, I don't need a hard shell case, Free Hands Book, Stand, Greg Howard's The Stick Book, His Basic Free Hands Technique DVD or Lessons On The Stick by Bob Culbertson DVD. I have all of that.

IMO Not mentioning the "new" price compared to your "used" price borders on deceptive advertising and knocking $60 bucks off the price while adding the word firm in bold text is not much of an incentive.

Good luck trying to sell your instrument. You might find someone who will not compare your price with the retail price and who will not read this post. I suspect, however, that you will make your asking price a bit less firm.

Still, it is a beautiful instrument and I was tempted till I checked out the SE website and read your answer to my question.

Sorry - No Sale

#6313 Grand Stick, rosewood, classic tuning,
PASV-4, smoky gray Hipshot tuners,
turquoise linear inlays

Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:47 am

Thanks for the feedback, Harry. I added the retail price to the posting

I have to respectfully disagree about the "deceptive advertising" comment.

I did not explicitly call out the price for the instrument itself but added in the case and Freehands that come with every Railboard + shipping for the actual price of $2515. The stand is $180.

So without the instructional aids it still retails for $2695. The instrument is less than 6 months old and in perfect condition. I did a ton of research before buying and "my specifications" are the most common.

So yes, the buyer would have a beautiful instrument in a few days as opposed to waiting for 5-6 months for a "shiny new" instrument and stand and save $300. Seriously if you put my instrument next to a new one, you would not be able to tell the difference.

As for selling on the classifieds here, I'm quite sure this is the place to sell because only people interested in a Stick and with knowledge of the instrument would be reading the classifieds here.

btw if you are interested in just the instrument w/o the extras, make me an offer. :)

Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:46 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Hey Dean, why are you selling it? Just curious bro...

Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:53 am

Jayesskerr wrote:
Hey Dean, why are you selling it? Just curious bro...

Hi Jay,

I was having a hard time learning the instrument but it re-ignited my passion for music and I've started playing guitar and dulcimer again and don't have the time to do it all. I kind of bit off more than I could chew! :lol:

Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:44 pm

Dean,

I take your points and didn't mean to sound so adversarial. You did mention the price for each item with the one (now added) exception of the instrument itself. I also realize this is a practically new railboard.

We each present in our own way. I suppose I might have said something like, 'I'm having a hard time learning this instrument :x (ain't that the truth!) :x and only want to make back what I paid for it. It is practically new...etc etc..'

As a cynical New Yorker I sometimes should be reminded that I'm a New Yorker :!:

No hard feelings. At the recent Interlochen workshop I played a railboard for the first time and was thrilled by the experience. That one had the 'super smooth laser closer shave finish' that costs an extra $300.00. When you mentioned the textured finish on your instrument, I was bummed :(

But I played a number of instruments that week and the only discussion about the textured fretboard dealt with the residue left on some frets by the strings themselves. No negativity at all about the instrument.

I appreciate the last part of your response and will consider it. I really want a railboard!

Cheers
:arrow: Harry

Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:22 pm

I might be interested in the instructional material, if you are separating it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:29 pm