It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:43 am

Dallas Area Railboard 

Post Dallas Area Railboard
I have a Railboard in excellent shape. It's only a few months old and has only been taken out of the house once for a few hours. It is in raised matched reciprocal with the slightly lighter medium gauge strings recommended by stick.com. It comes with a hard shell case. The only quirk is that it won't come with the stereo 1/4-inch Y cable but it will have the XLR Y cable used for active mode. Stick.com sells the 1/4-inch cable for around $50.

This is the 'base' Railboard with no upgrades so it doesn't have the MIDI pickups.

Mainly looking for buyers in the DFW area or who can drive to the Dallas area. Would entertain a trade for a harpejji but no guarantees.

You can PM or email at snoitan (at) gmail (dot) com

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by snoitan on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:29 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: DFW Area Railboard
I'm glad you finally gave a clue as to what "DFW" was

Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:10 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: DFW Area Railboard
Small world... I installed several flight simulators there.
AnDroiD wrote:
I'm glad you finally gave a clue as to what "DFW" was

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

#404 Stick - (1978) Angico hard wood.
#6460 Railboard - Black with glow inlays.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:00 pm

Post Re: Dallas Area Railboard
Small bump.

I haven't posted on eBay because I was having a stick-off between this Railboard and my 12-string to see which one I really wanted to keep. It was amazingly close. I think it was Greg who said 10-strings are like playing a sports car and he's right. After I posted this, I picked the Railboard back up after not playing it for a month and was immediately struck by doubt.

The nice thing about the 10-string instruments is that you really have a lot of room to maneuver and the stick begs you to bend those strings. You also learn the different inversions quicker because of the need. It also has a very pretty sound.

I think the deciding factor for me was I like how the 12-string is as an accompaniment when my wife is singing and the versatility. But I gave myself a good month of playing both.

Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:42 am