It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:56 am

Lap Dawgs back in production 
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Post Lap Dawgs back in production
Got a bunch of Lap Dawgs fresh out of the oven after a long manufacturing hangup. Anyone who desires one of these useful gadgets shoot me a PM and let's do bidness. I can take Pay Pal and ship anywhere. After this batch there prolly won't be more for a few months.

Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:57 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Lap Dawgs back in production
Thought I make this a site announcement for a little while.
Looking forward to using one!

Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:54 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I really enjoyed my Lap Dog... however, the cross pieces keep becoming loose and I find that annoying... so I took it off. Is there a way to keep those screws tight. I really want to use this, as I think it is THE BEST thing out there for us seated players. Thanks

Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:17 am
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Thanks for the good words. Addressing the floppy arm syndrome - up till late 2014 the arm hinge screws could get loose after folding up the arms a couple hundred times. Since late 2014 however all factory new Lap Dawgs have had this fix: Loosen the 8-32 hinge screws,put a drop of blue Loc-Tite thread locker under the head of the hinge screw, tighten it down good and tight. Reassemble and remount. Be sure to wipe off any excess Loc-Tight liquid cause it will eat into the powdercoat finish. That will take care of the problem. Or bring it to Free Hands Academy in L.A. in August. I'll be available to go thru anyone's Lap Dawg on site and tweak it up to spec - free of charge of course.

Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:46 pm

I just got a lap dawg and am extremely pleased with it. Being able to be super comfortable and see the fretboard really well results in a lot more Stick time for me!

Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:48 am
Contributor
Contributor

Dresden640 wrote:
I just got a lap dawg and am extremely pleased with it. Being able to be super comfortable and see the fretboard really well results in a lot more Stick time for me!

I also REALLY like mine!

Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:51 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

I love my Lap Dawg! After using random sticks and coat hangars this is the first time I've been able to keep my Stick at a consistent and comfortable playing position for the way that I play. Many thanks for the innovation and for Emmett for supporting it!

Bamboo #6277
Polycarb #2267

Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:07 pm