It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

1988/1989 Chapman Stick Polycarbonate 10 string - SOLD 

Post 1988/1989 Chapman Stick Polycarbonate 10 string - SOLD
I'm selling my 1988/1989 Chapman Stick Polycarbonate 10 string with passive Stickup pickup, original case, original strap and some brochures from 1994.

Serial # 2718

I´ve had the Stick since the late 90's - I'm the second owner. The first owner was a famous musician called Vitor Rua -

He used it in his own band called "Telectu" - an avantgarde/experimental band,

Here are some clips (but none feature the Chapman - guess 10 strings weren't enough :) )

https://www.youtube....h?v=Ei4fFZp4eK0 - on 2.57 you can see the Chapman Stick stiking out (no pun intended) in the back.

https://www.youtube....h?v=yxLRUyNmujA

I bought it because of Tony Levin, but hardly used it. The Stick is in good shape - The case is original, it has seen some wear, but it will go with new foam, as the old one deteriorated with time.

I've showed it to Rodrigo (Bachdois) - thanks for taking your time :) - this past Sunday (20/03/2016) - he can confirm its good condition and playability!

No problems with the frets either - everything is the way its supposed to be!

The only issue being the felt damper that probably needs to be changed. It will also need a set of new strings.

Thanks!

Best regards from Portugal!
Alex

I'm asking 1500 euros (shipping included) or near offer.

The Stick will be very well packed inside a proper
cardboard box with bubble wrap, and other materials used for shipping instruments -
I accept Paypal or bank transfer (preferred)

It will be shipped with tracking number and insured against loss.

Last edited by Stance on Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:31 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: 1988/1989 Chapman Stick Polycarbonate 10 string - for sa
I got a chance to try it and really sounded good (I just love the sound of the Stickup). A bit different from my railboard but that's normal, 25 years separate the 2 instruments and Emmet kept improving them the whole time. Anyway, the impression it left on me was that if I kept it for a couple of days and with new strings, I would want to keep it ;) good buy:)

Sent by Tapatalk

All Links:
https://ampl.ink/dNLw4

Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:51 am