It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:19 am

Line 6 Pod HD500 

Post Line 6 Pod HD500
Before I put this on Ebay I thought I'd let you guy's take a look first. The HD500 is in excellent condition. It's just too much trying to learn the stick and program this. I simplified my setup back to a few Zoom pedals and delays. $250.00 and I'll pay the shipping in the USA. Thanks guy's! Image

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:43 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Line 6 Pod HD500
This....is a great deal! $250, these babies arent cheap new so the price is right! The learning curve is a bit steep, I luckily had some help with mine, but its a great all in one for Stick players. Tons of patches, tons of pedals, no mucky muck with 20 cables...........and two channels.....

Grab it while u can at this price folks! I really love mine.

cheers,
kev

Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:42 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Here's my board now... I still have some room for something new.... Any idea's on a good distortion for the stick? I've tried a bunch but can't seem to find what I'm looking for yet. Image

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:53 pm

I'm contemplating picking this up, but I'm discouraged by your continued pursuit of a good distortion. I'm absolutely interested, but that would be an essential sound for this to have. Could you elaborate a bit on what you don't like about it?

Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:33 pm

Beware wrote:
I'm contemplating picking this up, but I'm discouraged by your continued pursuit of a good distortion. I'm absolutely interested, but that would be an essential sound for this to have. Could you elaborate a bit on what you don't like about it?

Compared to the Axe Fx the line 6 is not halfe as good. However, this seems to be a good price.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X+ mit Tapatalk

Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:02 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Compared to the Axe FX, everything is half as good.

K

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Good distortions are hard to find. The Boss Metal Zone is fantastic for guitar, but sounds like total shit for the Stick. Stay away from it.

Experiment with boutique overdrives and distortions. The Russian Sovtek Big Muff is the best, just my opinion. It's gotta be the real deal... It's the green one.

Good luck,

K Rex

-- Mikhail Bakunin

Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:13 pm

I picked the Metal Zone up at Music go round for $29.00 when I stopped one day.. Your right it sucks! I've been looking at EHX products to see what they have. Distortion for the stick is a lot different than for guitar. I have some great gear for guitar but the search continues for the stick...

Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:35 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

What you like for distortion is like talking about what you like in music. Very personal and highly subjective. I was using Amplitube (software plugin) which had a gazillion variations, and after some work I got something that was usable.

But it still wasn't quite what I wanted.

Christmas, a year ago, I got a Zoom G1Xon multiFX pedal. It also has lots of options, but I didn't have to look very long or tweak very much to get more than one distortion that I loved.

You might try going to a music store and just trying a lot of different pedals. The employees might like having someone who isn't a beginner guitarist pounding out the usual. Go on a weekday morning if possible.

Best of luck to you in your quest for a good distortion tone. Let us know what you find.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:09 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

grbguitarplayer wrote:
I picked the Metal Zone up at Music go round for $29.00 when I stopped one day.. Your right it sucks! I've been looking at EHX products to see what they have. Distortion for the stick is a lot different than for guitar. I have some great gear for guitar but the search continues for the stick...

I'm a big fan of the Metal Zone for aggressive lead sounds. You will get better results depending on the tone of the signal you send into it, of course. A little pre-amping goes a long way. And also, what you run it into has a big effect on the results. An amp simulator or an actual guitar amp after a distortion pedal is pretty much essential to getting a decent sound.

An example from AZUL, EMG pickup...:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBhdeP0ntM4[/youtube]

To each his own...

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:41 am
Profile My Photo Gallery