It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:56 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Looping 
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: Looping
boss looks like the one....but running 3 RC-300?
Three RC30 in sync would be perfect

Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:58 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Johnmarkpainter wrote:
Three RC30 in sync would be perfect

I do not see any way to sync the RC-30 with anything else. What may seem like me being "nutters" (yes Ben, I know you were joking) is my knowledge of what is (typically) difficult to achieve with gear. Syncing things which have no provision for sync is much more difficult than unifying control over multiple devices which support MIDI.

Here is a solution which gives you unified control of four individual, synced loops (I apologize for my earlier mistake regarding the 45000's inputs):
  1. Eventide Mixing Link, $299
  2. Pigtronix Infinity Looper x2, $898
  3. Pro Co 1 Foot MIDI Cable x2, $20
  4. MIDI Solutions Thru, $40
  5. Pro Co 10 Foot MIDI Cable, $15
  6. Molten Voltage Tempode, $147
  7. Pro Co 1 Foot MIDI Cable, $10
  8. Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller, $150
Shipped Total: $1,579

Compared to running an Eventide Mixing Link combined with a quartet of DigiTech JamMan Express XT loopers, unified control costs $880 (obviously, that price difference includes many features in addition to unified control). Since you do not need four tracks, that means unified control would cost you $980. This is what I meant by "diminishing returns."

By the way, the problem with the Boss RC-505 is that it does not give you independent control of the tracks.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:59 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Last edited by Jayesskerr on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:54 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

gpoorman wrote:
I started with a DL4 floor pedal from Line6. For a simple looper, it was great and I made very good use of it for quite a long time before I finally traded up to the Echoplex Digital Pro. I'm not saying you have to start with a simple model like the DL4 but if you do go for the big guns right away, do yourself a favor and start with the simplest features and work with those for a while.

The DL-4 is a good starting point, you even have an additional delay you can use with the looper. The Ditto X2 from TC Electronic would be my recommendation for starting out simply now, It has the same looping functions as the DL-4 (including half-speed and reverse) and is in stereo.

https://sproingg.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/jenko-nashorn

Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:15 pm
Contributor
Contributor

The TC Helicon Voicelive3 http://www.tc-helicon.com/en/products/voicelive-3/

Has separate Mic AND GTR In/Out (including a GTR Through that can go DI without FX) and Looping....
Claims to have TC Flashback/Hall Of Fame in it AND Looping.
You have to switch back and forth from Mic to GTR Mode but it looks pretty well laid out.

Researching...

Tue May 05, 2015 5:27 pm
Contributor
Contributor

So...

I won't know for sure how well it would work in practice until I hook a Stick up to one...

But you could connect the Bass or Melody Side up to the Mic input and run the other side into the Guitar input.
You would then have INDEPENDENT Multi FX and independent outputs for each side (Stereo) AND Synced Looping between them.

Downside is that the Vocal side has more vocal oriented effects on it but it does list some Overdrive/Amp algorithms on the vocal side as well as LOTS of Modulation, Delays etc that can all be time based and in SYNC with the Melody side.

They have 3 and 6 Button footswitch expanders that I am guessing allows you to control the Vocal and Guitar sides without switching modes back and forth.

Wed May 06, 2015 6:06 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Tom Greisgraber was on FHF a ways back, and I believe he spent some time discussing looping. I've seen him live, and given the level to which he takes it, it might be worth your time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4wPqOVIJlU

Bamboo Grand #7363 MR ACTV2, Tarara Grand #5677 MR PASV4
Tap In Time Podcast: tapintime.podbean.com/

Wed May 06, 2015 8:28 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Johnmarkpainter wrote:
But you could connect the Bass or Melody Side up to the Mic input and run the other side into the Guitar input.

What makes you think so? The input impedance is way too low on the Mic/Line input.
Johnmarkpainter wrote:
They have 3 and 6 Button footswitch expanders that I am guessing allows you to control the Vocal and Guitar sides without switching modes back and forth.

Why guess? From the Reference Manual, here is the list of controls which can be assigned to switches on either the Switch 3 or the Switch 6:
Quote:
  • Step
  • Pitch Corr(ection)
  • All Mute (Guitar and Vocal mute)
  • µMod
  • Delay
  • Reverb
  • Vocal HIT
  • Double
  • Harmony
  • Transducer
  • HardTune
  • Rhythmic
  • Stutter
  • Choir
  • Synth
  • Harm(ony) Hold*
  • Set Key
  • Tap Tempo
  • Bypass
  • G µMod
  • G Delay
  • G Reverb
  • G HIT
  • G Comp
  • G Drive
  • G Amp
  • G Rhythm
  • G Octaver
  • G Wah
  • G Mute
  • All HIT
  • Looper**
* Harmony must be active for this to have an effect.
** Toggles the Loop layer. You may find this a more convenient way of entering the Loop layer quickly, compared to holding the Layer button.

Wed May 06, 2015 12:03 pm
Contributor
Contributor

You would use a DI to connect to the mic input.
But until trying it, I wouldn't know if it would play nice.

I just got a Voicelive Play Electric used/cheap on eBay (for another use).
Will experiment

Wed May 06, 2015 12:48 pm
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Yo rob, so you like those pigtronix looper? It looked like loop heaven, is it?

Fri May 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next