It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:16 am

Boss SY300 

Post Boss SY300
Hi. My Railboard should be in my hands on Monday, but ever since I ordered it, I've been having second thoughts on not ordering a MIDI pickup to go with it. Yesterday, however, I ran across a video of a Boss SY300 and it looks really promising. It isn't available yet, I think, but I think I will grab one as soon as it becomes available. Anyone tried one of these anywhere?

Lauri

Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:50 am
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: Boss SY300
Looks interesting huh?
I'm trying to find some old connections I had at Roland to see if I can try one.
Will report back if I do

Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:33 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

As I understand it, the SY300 has only been announced recently. I will be very interested to find some detailed specifications for it, though I am skeptical.

Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:57 pm
Contributor
Contributor

It tracks great on GTR in the demos I have seen (and they weren't all staged).
I wonder how it will respond to the full range of a stick.

Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:09 pm
Contributor
Contributor

hakanenlauri wrote:
Hi. My Railboard should be in my hands on Monday, but ever since I ordered it, I've been having second thoughts on not ordering a MIDI pickup to go with it. Yesterday, however, I ran across a video of a Boss SY300 and it looks really promising. It isn't available yet, I think, but I think I will grab one as soon as it becomes available. Anyone tried one of these anywhere?

Lauri

Thanks for providing the heads-up (at least to me) on this model.

Right off the Boss website:
"While our other synth products require a special GK pickup and 13-pin cable to access synth voices, the SY-300 can be used with any guitar via a standard 1/4-inch cable."

That's great. If the specs checkout and the reviews are good, I'd love something like this for my bass side (10-string rosewood Stick) which does not have a MIDI pickup installed. Having a synth-sounding bass might be nice. Sam Ash already lists the product on their website, so it should be out fairly soon.

I've had great luck with the GK-3, Boss GP10 ,and soft synths, at least for my home studio needs.

Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:10 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

VT1997 wrote:
Sam Ash already lists the product on their website, so it should be out fairly soon.

:lol:

Sam Ash has a reputation for putting products on the website very early, sometimes showing that they have stock. Having said that, it is entirely possible that Roland decided to make this an actual product launch at Musikmesse rather than a paper launch at Winter NAMM.

Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:45 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Robstafarian wrote:
VT1997 wrote:
Sam Ash already lists the product on their website, so it should be out fairly soon.

:lol:

Sam Ash has a reputation for putting products on the website very early, sometimes showing that they have stock. Having said that, it is entirely possible that Roland decided to make this an actual product launch at Musikmesse rather than a paper launch at Winter NAMM.

:D Yeah, I kinda raised an eyebrow at the Sam Ash listing!

Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:23 am

Thomann in Germany has it listed as well, for 714 euros. They don't however have a date yet.

Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:09 am
Contributor
Contributor

I heard June or July release I think.

Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:33 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Reviving this....

I'm going to a Roland PreNAMM event next week and hope to get a bit of time to play with this box and talk to some reps.
Will report back

Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:49 pm