It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:51 pm

Great sounding Stick amp. 

Post Great sounding Stick amp.
I recently tried my Stick through a bass amp I bough mainly for bass guitar home use. It's a TC Electronics BG250 -112, 250wts into 1 X 12 bass speaker and a tweeter. (full power to the internal speaker) it has two "tone print" locations where you can beam effects from your cell phone to the amp. Well for yucks I put my stick into the amp and it sounded amazing. (I was running in mono) And i tried two different tone print effects, flange and compression and both sounded awesome, I'll try them all sooner or later. Except for the fact you either need to run in mono or use a small mixer I'd highly recommend this little bass amp for stick. Warm and deep for bass, yet bright for melody and lead strings, loud enough to actually gig in a band with plus you can pick a few different effects that you can change easily.

Highly recommended.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:55 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Great sounding Stick amp.
Beware that TC Electronics overrates their bass amps' power. You will run out of headroom sooner than the specification indicates.

Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:02 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Tried and approved, indeed a great and cheap amp to play on.

Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:22 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

Good to know Rob. Honestly i bought it as a home practice amp for bass, I don't need and don't plan to gig with it. I have two different Markbass rigs I use for that. That said I'm sure it would handle small bars and it would be more than enough for most solo Stick gigs I could envision. And the Stick sounded amazing through it. And running a compressor "tone print" on it really allows for easy playing and evening of notes on the Stick. I've OWNED a Stick for a decade or so but I'm still a total hack. (I don't dedicate enough time to practicing on the instrument) and I can use all the help i can get!

Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:07 am
Contributor
Contributor

rrlavigne, thanks for the post and heads-up about this amp. I am in the market for an amp and I will definitely consider picking up this amp up after reading your own and some other reviews and heading to the TC Electronics website. I currently only own a small practice Marshall guitar amp (It does not sound half bad when practicing the Stick, however).

I definitely appreciate the write-up TC Electronics had (below) about their bass amps. From what I've read, you have found a great amp. Congrats!

http://service.tcgroup.tc/media/tc-elec ... gement.pdf

Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:23 pm

VT1997 wrote:
rrlavigne, thanks for the post and heads-up about this amp. I am in the market for an amp and I will definitely consider picking up this amp up after reading your own and some other reviews and heading to the TC Electronics website. I currently only own a small practice Marshall guitar amp (It does not sound half bad when practicing the Stick, however).

I definitely appreciate the write-up TC Electronics had (below) about their amplifier tech (as an electrical engineer here). From what I've read, you have found a great amp. Congrats!

http://service.tcgroup.tc/media/tc-elec ... gement.pdf

I do recommend the amp, I played for an hour earlier today and it has all the highs, mids and lows I'll ever need. And enough volume to do small gigs or keep up with a "reasonably volume controlled" drummer. Keep in mind however it only has one input so you need to either run in mono or use a small mixer. I own several mixers however I've been running in mono and it sounds great! Anyway I'm glad my review has helped you.

Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:41 pm
Contributor
Contributor

rrlavigne wrote:

I do recommend the amp, I played for an hour earlier today and it has all the highs, mids and lows I'll ever need. And enough volume to do small gigs or keep up with a "reasonably volume controlled" drummer. Keep in mind however it only has one input so you need to either run in mono or use a small mixer. I own several mixers however I've been running in mono and it sounds great! Anyway I'm glad my review has helped you.

Yes, the review did help! My current config is mainly mono, so it would be a more inclusive, a bit louder solution for my practicing (maybe light gigs) situation. I will be looking around a while, in general, though, just because I'm new at the Stick and want to see where things go.

Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:16 pm

VT1997 wrote:
rrlavigne wrote:

Yes, the review did help! My current config is mainly mono, so it would be a more inclusive, a bit louder solution for my practicing (maybe light gigs) situation. I will be looking around a while, in general, though, just because I'm new at the Stick and want to see where things go.

Well there's sure a lot to pick from when it comes to the Stick! Bass amps, guitar amps, keyboard amps, sound systems, the list goes on and on depending on your need and budget. Good luck in your search!

Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:45 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

BTW this is rrlavigne, I found my old username and password so I'm going back to using that as I have a lot of forum history attached to it.

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:56 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

I've been using a pair of Roland JC-120 amplifiers.
They are inexpensive and have great tone/reverb.

#404 Stick - (1978) Angico hard wood.
#6460 Railboard - Black with glow inlays.

Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:36 am