It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:32 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 New busking amp tested 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: New busking amp tested
Andy - So, you will split a mono signal into the two speakers? I can see where that would be easier to control. Not near as fun, tho. ;)

Rosewood Alto #5764

Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:21 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

OK. I thought about this and watched a couple videos describing their stereo rigs. I can use the Boss LS-2 to sum the two Stick channels, run that into a compressor and overdrive. Then I should be able to split the signal from that point coming out of the stereo effects. This would keep both sides of the Stick equally in both monitors (the Behringers) and still offer the stereo processing. Will give this a try.

Rosewood Alto #5764

Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:26 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

I actually meant taking the two mono signals from the Stick and running them both in stereo. I keep the bass and melody sides separate all the way - bass signal split to L/R, and the same with melody. This gives you more control over individual processing, and you're getting a true stereo effect if you want e.g. a big stereo reverb or ping-pong delay on the highs only. It's very simple to do this with something like the TC pedals or small Zoom multi-effects.

Cheers,
Andy

http://andysalvanos.com/

Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:46 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Andy - How are you splitting the bass to a l/r channel and doing the same with melody? Are you doubling up on some of the effects pedals?

Rosewood Alto #5764

Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:47 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

I've got a few pedals around, most of them have stereo outputs. I tend to use Zooms for busking, because they run on AAs and function really well as general purpose utility pedals for EQ, tuning, very usable reverbs/delays etc. I used a 1-signal path for about 2 years, but in general I find that the Stickup works better with separate paths, even if I'm going for a "one instrument" sound. At the moment I'm playing with the Strymon delay pedal I mentioned, which I also prefer on the highs only.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:13 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post New busking amp tested
Back to the Behringer... I moved mine to speaker stands to get them off the carpet. Really opens up the sound.

Attachment:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415282347.767157.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rosewood Alto #5764

Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:59 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Looks good. I think these speakers are ideally placed off the ground; I wish they would have gone for a more popular "wedge" shape, or some kind of tilt option. That's probably my main gripe, along with the lack of line outs.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:00 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I'm getting a bit of distortion with channel set at noon and main set at 9 o'clock. I'm trying to play with my setup to reduce. But I was wondering if I'll any difference performance switching from connecting with an XLR to 1/4"? The specs indicate an impedance difference between the two.

Rosewood Alto #5764

Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:15 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

My impression is that the amp is designed to accept a wide variety of instrument sources plugged straight in. I've had no issues with 1/4" cable. The channel inputs are fairly sensitive, so maybe try turning them down and increasing the master volume like you said?

Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:11 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Good advice, Andy. I swapped settings of channel and main. That seemed to clear up the distortion.

Rosewood Alto #5764

Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:29 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next