It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:47 pm

Zoom G1on/G1Xon/B1on/B1Xon pedals 
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

Post Zoom G1on/G1Xon/B1on/B1Xon pedals
So, this is something I want to share with you guys. I've received my Zoom G1Xon and B1Xon pedals earlier this week, and I'm a total fan of these little plastic things now.

Previously I used POD HD500, but I was never completely satisfied with its sound, I always wanted to adjust one more setting to get the perfect patch, and never succeeded. Eventually I sold it.

These pedals are based on the same chipset as used in G3/B3. Of course, being starter level pedals they have fewer options (the biggest issue for me is total lack of tap tempo - hope they will fix it one day), less control footswitches, no patch editing/backup via usb, but they sound absolutely great even with the default presets, they are capable of stereo (I wasn't aware of that, nice surprise) effects like leslie speaker or stereo delay, and are available starting from $50 (for B1on/G1on, add $20 for built-in expression pedal in B1Xon/G1Xon). The plastic body looks cheap, but feels ok, plus it weights close to nothing - you can fit your rig in a gigbag pocket!

Comparing to HD500, G1Xon/B1Xon has, of course, fewer settings - you cannot change virtual microphone for the virtual cabinet, you cannot assign the exp pedal to several controls for one patch (though if you add several by-design-pedal-controlled effects, like a wah and a pitch shifter, they both will be automatically controlled by the exp pedal), but it still works for me. I cannot really compare the amp/cab emulation, for I don't have much experience with real amps, I can just say it sounds nice. What I really like about these pedals are synths effects - they work absolutely great, much better than in Line6 processors.

And, they also have built-in looper, some drum patterns and, of course, a tuner. A looper and a tuner for $50 is already good enough, right? :D

Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:39 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Re: Zoom G1on/G1Xon/B1on/B1Xon pedals
That's great. I also looked into buying these, but I bought the B3 for the bass side. Great device at a great price. Sounds really good and the lack of extensive parameters to set makes it easier to be content wit the preset (saves loads of time)
The B3 relaces my POD X3 live and I'm using a GR55 for the melody side.

Cheers,
Bas

Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:11 am