It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 10:23 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Stick Cables 

Post Re: Stick Cables
Interesting thread, im having a few issues and if your in the u.k you could do alot worse than this guy, he is at www.bassic.co.uk hope this is ok with the forum rules. 8-)

Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:42 am

Mogami 2586 cable is what I use; I buy it in bulk. Think it's the same stuff used in the CBI cables.

EricTheGray wrote:
Another bump. Does anyone have opinions about a bulk cable brand? I much prefer to just make my own cables if I just knew of a high quality brand.

-Eric

Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:08 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

joemc wrote:
Mogami 2586 cable is what I use; I buy it in bulk. Think it's the same stuff used in the CBI cables.

EricTheGray wrote:
Another bump. Does anyone have opinions about a bulk cable brand? I much prefer to just make my own cables if I just knew of a high quality brand.

-Eric

I remember Tom Griesgraber was doing some extensive testing on cables at one point, including some very expensive ones. I ended up liking the sound of the CBI the best, some of the pricier ones were actually a bit "crispy" sounding.

Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:38 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

joemc wrote:

That's correct, CBI gets their bulk cable from Mogami
as mentioned on their website

http://www.cbicables.com/product.htm

Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:26 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I have both CBI, Planet Waves, and these:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/IPBQ2Q10/

Similar to CBI. They use G&H connectors, and slightly heavier insulation. Good solid cables at a good price.

I also like 10' better than 12' for most uses, a little less to trip over.

Sweetwater is good to deal with too.

Lee

Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:53 am
Contributor
Contributor

I`m just wondering what stereo cable to ask for at Guitar center.....
..... the guys in there don`t know much of anything about the stick.....

Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:22 am
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Jerry,
At my local Guitar Center, the only stereo to dual mono cables they carry are the Monster (red and black) and the thinner guage Hosa brand. There is a definite tone loss with the Hosa, so I bought the Monster. It works ok for a while, but I've had two of them develop broken ground wires due to the lack of a stress relief joint at the connector. When that happens, it's buzz city :( . I'm pretty fed up with them and I'm seeking a different brand as well. Maybe your Guitar Center has a better selection than mine. Just ask them which stereo to dual mono cables they have.

http://www.heartstringslive.com
http://www.youtube.com/tapper1472

"With one note you can shatter a thousand notes" - Carlos Santana

Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:49 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

UK Stickists,Heres the 20 ft I ordered hand made, £22 inc postage, o free copper, neutrix jacks. works a treat. :D

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:55 am
Contributor
Contributor

heartstrings wrote:
Jerry,
At my local Guitar Center, the only stereo to dual mono cables they carry are the Monster (red and black) and the thinner guage Hosa brand. There is a definite tone loss with the Hosa, so I bought the Monster. It works ok for a while, but I've had two of them develop broken ground wires due to the lack of a stress relief joint at the connector. When that happens, it's buzz city :( . I'm pretty fed up with them and I'm seeking a different brand as well. Maybe your Guitar Center has a better selection than mine. Just ask them which stereo to dual mono cables they have.

Thanx Heartstrings.....I`ll see what they`ve got....Ashame about the monsters crapping out.....

Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:06 am
Contributor
Contributor

Kent,

Here is another cable that GC offers (at least online) it is by Dean Markley - http://tinyurl.com/5lkqwm

If you want to use 2 regular instrument cables, here is an adapter that they carry - http://tinyurl.com/5qmmf4

It was good meeting you last night, too.

Paul

Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:15 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next