It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:35 am

Trying to Pick One 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Trying to Pick One
I have been using a Roland Micro Cube since I got my Stick 6 month ago. It is fine for practicing and just working on things, but I am starting to notice the sonic limitations of it. So, I have been looking for something a little bigger and with a wider range. I not playing in a band nor will be playing in any live setting for a VERY long time. I just want something that will give me nice representation of what I am playing.

The three amps below all seem to be ABOUT the same... the Prices are all in a similar range. I was just looking for some input and thoughts from others.

Acoustic Lead Guitar Series G120 DSP 120W

VOX AGA70 Acoustic Guitar Amplifier

Marshall AS50D Acoustic Guitar Amplifier

Thanks-

Red Railboard Classic

Host of Beyond the Playlist with JHammondC

Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:06 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Trying to Pick One
I started with the same little micro cube
It was nice with the effects etc.... ( it sits in the living room now )
My next amp for the stick was a Roland KC 350 did the craigslist thing and got a decent deal on it.
BUT what really made a huge diff was picking up a Rane SP 13 From Brett
on this Forum. having the ablity to EQ each side of the stick is really great
( Now I just wish I had more time to play )

Tom
( Austin )

Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:44 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Trying to Pick One
I would tend to agree with tnaughton with regards to using a keyboard amp as this will give you a better representation on the low end. I would steer clear of the Acoustic Guitar amp as I expect you will bottom out the low end, regardless of what pickup you are using. Here is a link to my review of the Marshall S50 that you mentioned:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4915

Surprisingly good. You might also check out the Acoustic ag120s if you are playing at lower volumes. A nice cabinet and good tonal control with complete separation for each channel.

I have had good luck using a 90w Behringer keyboard amp for practice, you can grab one of these off of craigslist for ~$100 - ~150. Lightweight and decent tone, but no separation with regards to eq, a pretty valid point that tnaughton brings up in his earlier post.

Try them all and sleep on it [grin].

Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:40 am
Profile My Photo Gallery