It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:36 am

A Mixer question 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post A Mixer question
Hi Everyone

I posted this on stickwire as well.

I'm tired of putting my mackie mixer on top of my rack every gig and connecting about 10 cables to their assigned ports before I can start to play.
So here's my question : can anyone recommend a rack mountable mixer with good preamps aux sends and returns and some high mid and low controls for each channel? I also need panning capability.
The way I run my rack is My stewart 2.1 world power amp runs everything and i send my bass pre and sp-13 into a mixer with a basic tone setting i like i can then send my effects directly to the mixer and use the effects for both stick and bass. I like to tweek my sound from the mixer for the room without messing too much with my preamps. I could ear up my mackie and rack it but I would rather find a 4 space rack mixer. this should save me some space (smaller rack)

let me know if you have any suggestions. I know berringer makes these but I don't like the quality.

Brett

Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:44 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Post Re: A Mixer question
If you can find one, Roland did an excellent rack mixer, they are rare but very good.

One on UK ebay atm http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Roland-M-160-MK2-Line-Mixer-16-Channel-Rack-Mount_W0QQitemZ200215496754QQihZ010QQcategoryZ23785QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Unfortunately most of the little rack units are expensive or lack the features you need, you may be better off adding ears to the mackie.

You could go mad and get a Manley Tube http://www.hhb.co.uk/hhb/uk/products/detail.asp?ID=2096!!!

Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:06 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Brett Bottomley wrote:
Hi Everyone

I posted this on stickwire as well.

I'm tired of putting my mackie mixer on top of my rack every gig and connecting about 10 cables to their assigned ports before I can start to play.
So here's my question : can anyone recommend a rack mountable mixer with good preamps aux sends and returns and some high mid and low controls for each channel? I also need panning capability.
The way I run my rack is My stewart 2.1 world power amp runs everything and i send my bass pre and sp-13 into a mixer with a basic tone setting i like i can then send my effects directly to the mixer and use the effects for both stick and bass. I like to tweek my sound from the mixer for the room without messing too much with my preamps. I could ear up my mackie and rack it but I would rather find a 4 space rack mixer. this should save me some space (smaller rack)

let me know if you have any suggestions. I know berringer makes these but I don't like the quality.

Brett

Hi Brett,

If you can live without the midrange eq, your options go way up: Alesis MultiMix 12R, Samson 1602, Behringer RX1202FX. Ive had on of the Samson mixers in the past and it sounded great and was very well-made.

You could also add a room eq after the mixer to give you better tone fine-tuning.

Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:19 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

WinterMute16 wrote:
You could go mad and get a Manley Tube

I get emails every day telling me this ;-)

Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:29 pm

digitalkettle wrote:
WinterMute16 wrote:
You could go mad and get a Manley Tube

I get emails every day telling me this ;-)

Is that cos you need one or you just joined some sites to look at them...? :shock: ;)

Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:47 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

WinterMute16 wrote:
Is that cos you need one or you just joined some sites to look at them...? :shock: ;)

Heh, I should have expected a comeback from a man with Lazerus in his sig ;-)

(sp: Lazarus?)

Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:11 am