It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:26 am

Experiences with OSX 10.7 Lion ? 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Experiences with OSX 10.7 Lion ?
I've got an Apogee Duet 2, and it's a real pain with Lion-

You basically need to reboot before you use it. - It might be best to stick with SL until the next few revisions...

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:31 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Now changing my mind on this. I've started to work with some old Logic 8 projects that use a lot of 3rd party plugins and it is turning out to be a big cluster @#$%. The prevailing support out in Internet land has been "go back to Snow Leopard". I really hope that isn't the answer.

It's looking like my biggest problems are with some discontinued Native Instruments products. I've generally held them in high regard but the way they've handled support for their old Akoustik and Elektrik piano products has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

Problem is ... right now I can't even open these projects without Logic 8 crashing.

Glenn

Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:05 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

gpoorman wrote:
Now changing my mind on this. I've started to work with some old Logic 8 projects that use a lot of 3rd party plugins and it is turning out to be a big cluster @#$%. The prevailing support out in Internet land has been "go back to Snow Leopard". I really hope that isn't the answer.

It's looking like my biggest problems are with some discontinued Native Instruments products. I've generally held them in high regard but the way they've handled support for their old Akoustik and Elektrik piano products has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

Problem is ... right now I can't even open these projects without Logic 8 crashing.

Glenn

Unfortunately from everything I've read about Lion on the Apple forums (Not just Lion and logic but Lion in general) all I can says is "welcome to the cluster F - - - called lion! (Lion Vista!) Shame on Apple! I love my apple computers but they really screwed the pooch this time! I thank god I stayed with Snow Leopard.

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:02 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery