It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:15 am

Preamp suggestions 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Preamp suggestions
@greg,
Thanks, I am ready to buy, and appreciate any input on your end... I do not want to buy another pre, as the StepABout seems like the logical way to go.
Again, many thanks

Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:39 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

rclere wrote:
@greg,
Thanks, I am ready to buy, and appreciate any input on your end... I do not want to buy another pre, as the StepABout seems like the logical way to go.
Again, many thanks

Hi Randy, it looks like it will be the end of November before they are delivered. Hopefully that will be soon enough for you.

I think sonically they really are the best portable preamp for The Stick. Which pickup module did you end up getting again?

Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:32 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Stick-up.... I really like that sound... That is the only module that I have had for any Stick that I have owned.... I can wait until the end of Nov. I put my name on the list... Will they notify me?
Oh, and I am a step closer to doing a Skype lesson soon! :) Thanks again Greg for you time and energy! Blessings! :D

Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:59 am

Just an update to my original post:

After thinking about it a bit, I realized that I had only tested the Electroharmonix 2UBE preamp by routing it through my other effects processors. When I took those effects out of the line, the noise I had noticed before disappeared.

Turns out that I was getting some noise from the amp modeling on the Digitech R250.

The Electroharmonix 2UBE preamp is quiet and is giving me the basic gain that I need for now. Maybe I'll be able to swing a Stepabout someday...

Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:51 am