It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:04 am

SR TEchnology Jam 150 Plus - AAA+ 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post SR TEchnology Jam 150 Plus - AAA+
Just got one of these bad boys last week and I can say it is a great Stick amp, and a great acoustic guitar amp, and a great bass amp, and well...you get the point.

I put some photos in the Gallery and here's a link to mfg. website:

http://www.srtechnology.co.uk/jam_and_p ... -plus.html

It's very lightweight and it really packs a punch. Multiple high impedance inputs work great for my Stickup and acoustic guitar.

There's additional channel inputs with both RCA & 1/4 guitar cable inputs which I used hooked up to a drum machine. It sounds great.

The highs and mids are super clean and defined, and the bass is really full and deep. 3 band EQs on all channels really help you get the right balance out of each channel. I ran my 5 & 6 strings basses through it no problem. There's not a ton of low end, but it makes the perfect practice amp.

They are pricey, but I can not say enough about the quality of the sound and overall functionality of the product.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:38 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Post Re: SR TEchnology Jam 150 Plus - AAA+
This is nice to read. This is one of three amps I am considering. Other than the SR, I was looking at a PJB Flightcase and a Fishman Soloamp. All three have things that I like, but none of the three completely fill my needs.

I saw that the jam should have an effects loop, but I cannot see to find a close up of the controls so I can actually read it. If it does indeed have one, is it just one, or are there say one for each channel?

I really want the pjb, but it would be mono with one effects loop. I don't know how it would behave with the pedals in front, and then summed up via Y cable.

I really am excited about trying a soloamp, because it has independant loops, plenty of I/O and a unique design, but I am a little wary of how it will handle the low end. The reviews on this site alone make me want one for all the well documented reasons. I don't expect to feel the
bass in my chest, but I would like an overall balanced, deep tone. I will be trying out all three probably tomorrow night.

#5313 10 String Paduak
Silver Pearl Linear Inlays
PASV4
Matched Reciprocal

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:48 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post SR TEchnology Jam 150 Plus - AAA+
The soloamp handles the bass surprisingly well, especially in an open air situation.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:39 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

there is one effects loop, and you can add that one loop into each channel however much you want since each channel has an effects blend knob.

So no - you don't have a separate one for each channel, but each channel can get as much of the one effect as you want - all, none, or somewhere in the middle

Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:27 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

The store has a one of each, so I can check them both out. I had wanted to try the PJB, but they only have a Super Flightcase and I am not wanting to go the extra $$$, especially for mono input and one effects loop. I really hope the Soloamp delivers, it has everything else I need. I am really excited to try th SR too, we'll see what happens.

Thanks for the replies, fellas.
Steve

#5313 10 String Paduak
PASV4
Matched Reciprocal

Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:53 pm
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I tried all three and went with the SR. It was the first one I tried and neither of the others were even close in terms of tone and warmth. However, I will say, the soloamp does cover the whole register of my MR tuned 10 string. For anyone looking at them with any sort of doubt, give it a try, it was quite pleasing. The bass is there, it is just a little crispy for my taste.

I could not be happier with the results. It was the last one of the three that I thought I would end with, too. I thought for sure I would want the PJB; not in the least. I could fill pages with why, but the bottom line was that it wasn't near loud enough and the bass seemed unfocused and thin, which is the complete opposite of what I expected.

This is an amazing amp. Warm, rich tone and total transparency. I don't even want to use effects, which for me is really saying something. I did hook my Echolution just to try the effects loop and the blending feature. It sounded great, but I promptly unplugged it and just played clean. :D

Thanks all!

Steve

#5313 10 String Paduak
PASV4
Matched Reciprocal

Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:19 pm