It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:47 am

GR Roland technology killer? 
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post GR Roland technology killer?
Just discovered that :

[YouTube]http://youtu.be/VbFIpRNnqSI[/YouTube]

Not interested, but it seems to track and sound pretty well 8-)

Edit : Oh, just realized that this has been already dealt on that board, in extenso... :oops:

Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:59 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Re: GR Roland technology killer?
I'm a huge proponent of this, but apparently, I'm in the minority when it comes to stick players.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:03 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

That was really cool! If I was a guitarist I would have that. It might be nice on the N/S. I'm happy with my Gk-3 equipped Grand & GR-55.

http://www.samsonstick.com

Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:24 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

One thing for sure is that he didn't pick the Axon unit that the Ghost is plugged into by accident. I own that unit (Axon AX 50) and drive it with RMC Piezos in the saddle of a Brian Moore guitar. Tracks better than anything else for driving external synths (hard and soft). For reference, I also own a Roland GR-55, and it tracks amazingly well with its internal sounds, but is completely useless for driving external sytnths except in the most basic sense.

Sad to say that Axon's are no longer made, but I've read that the inventor is working of a new wireless midi system built on newer technology. Maybe something in conjunction with Fishman.

http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3444.0

Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:36 am
Contributor
Contributor

Karma wrote:
One thing for sure is that he didn't pick the Axon unit that the Ghost is plugged into by accident. I own that unit (Axon AX 50) and drive it with RMC Piezos in the saddle of a Brian Moore guitar. Tracks better than anything else for driving external synths (hard and soft). For reference, I also own a Roland GR-55, and it tracks amazingly well with its internal sounds, but is completely useless for driving external sytnths except in the most basic sense.

Sad to say that Axon's are no longer made, but I've read that the inventor is working of a new wireless midi system built on newer technology. Maybe something in conjunction with Fishman.

http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3444.0

Thanks for that link, Karma. Very informative.

I, too, have the GHOST system on one of my guitars, coupled with an Axon Ax-100. Best Tracking Ever. Still trying to figure out how to get the GHOST saddles onto my stick... that project kind of fizzled out :?

#5484 Padauk 12 String Grand Stick, PASV-4 MR
#5727 Osage Orange 10 String Stick, PASV-4 MR

- Ted

Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:07 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

I agree about this unit's tracking. I have used Roland's GR stuff since the GR-300, and the Axon AX-50 with RMC piezos track incredibly well! I am driving my Axon with a Godin xtSA.

Take care,

Paul

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:14 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Huh, I'd never heard of this, but it looks absolutely fantastic. Not sure if I'd want it on my stick, but it would be amazing on my G&L... guess I have a new project...

Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:23 pm