It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:32 am

Boss VF-1 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Boss VF-1
I know both Greg and Glen use these in their rack setups
What do you guys like about them? ( what patches etc.. )

Thanks for any info

Thu May 05, 2011 12:19 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: Boss VF-1
tnaughton wrote:

Thanks for any info
Hi Tom,

I owned one of those for a while, but I definitely prefer it's predecessor, the SE-70, which only suffers from one noticeable deficit and that is only having 4 controller assignments per patch.

Otherwise, it is just about the coolest multi-effects unit in the galaxy.

Anybody have an extra SE-70 they want to sell? the data entry knob on one of mine is getting rather floppy...

Thu May 05, 2011 1:01 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Admin

tnaughton wrote:

Thanks for any info

Check out the downloads section of this site, link on the left menu on the portal page. Boss VF-1 patches lists ...

Thu May 05, 2011 9:36 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

There are no particular patches I like. As a matter of fact, it's usually been my experience that factory patches on any product generally stink because they're turning everything up to show what it can do. So I immediately will start creating my own. Also, as Greg mentioned, the limit of four controller assignments per patch is a drag.

I used to use two GT-3s on the floor. Once I added an additional pedal board for the Echoplex, my floor real estate was becoming ridiculous so I switched to the VF-1s purely for real estate reasons.

That said, if you don't mind the floor clutter I have always felt the floor units were far superior to the VF-1 or the SE-70. There's a lot more flexibility in the effects that can be used together and there are also several more controller assignments per patch.

Now with that said ... I personally love the sound of Roland delays and reverbs and you get that with all of the afore mentioned units. I like some of the preamp models, I like the fact that they are very quiet, and I like that you can go digital out if you want to. Going back to the real estate point, I love that they are half rack units as it allows me to fully cover both sides of the Stick in one rack space.

Fri May 06, 2011 7:19 am
Profile My Photo Gallery