It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:10 am

New Stickup? 
Contributor
Contributor

Post New Stickup?
Now I've got the mechanical bits of my old polycarb Stick (2472) working well, I'm looking at the electrics - the Stickup. The pots are a bit noisy on mine, it's slightly buzzy and microphonic, the pole pieces are a bit rusty, and the pickup case is cracked. It works, but maybe I'd benefit from a new one (plus, I just sold an instrument that will pay for it).

Is replacing a Stickup a straight 'unscrew and replace' job, does a new Stickup come with anything different to my old one which just has two Volumes (e.g. Mono, coil tap or out of phase switches might be good), do new ones sound any different (I do like the basic sound of the one I have), and how much do they cost please?

Thanks, Max

Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:56 am
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: New Stickup?
maxr wrote:
Now I've got the mechanical bits of my old polycarb Stick (2472) working well, I'm looking at the electrics - the Stickup. The pots are a bit noisy on mine, it's slightly buzzy and microphonic, the pole pieces are a bit rusty, and the pickup case is cracked. It works, but maybe I'd benefit from a new one (plus, I just sold an instrument that will pay for it).

Is replacing a Stickup a straight 'unscrew and replace' job, does a new Stickup come with anything different to my old one which just has two Volumes (e.g. Mono, coil tap or out of phase switches might be good), do new ones sound any different (I do like the basic sound of the one I have), and how much do they cost please?

Thanks, Max

I'm fairly sure it's a simple unscrew old one - screw on new one situation but make sure you get verification when you call SE to order.

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:06 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

maxr wrote:

Thanks, Max
Hi Max,

A new Stickup would probably have slightly improved crosstalk, and might be a little better-shielded. They are easy to replace, just make sure when you install the new one that you tighten the top phillips screws to snug, but not super-tight.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:24 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Greg

Max

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:53 am