It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:09 pm

Pigtronix fx (kinda like patch of shades) 
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

Post Pigtronix fx (kinda like patch of shades)
So, in case ya'll didn't already know... Emmett's patch of shades pedal is like the coolest concept ever. To this day nothing comes close, funny how innovative it is and how old the design is. Amazing really.

Anyhow, this pigtronix keymaster looks like it has a similar cross fading fx feature and lots of other cool routing things. The cross fade would be an exp pedal tho, and not Emmett's super wicked pressure sensitive pad. I think this is the only pedal I have seen recently that does this. What do ya'll think, pretty cool? How would you use it? I would love to fade between full on reverb clouds to reverse delays and stuff like that. Maybe there is something cheaper that does something similar?

I just hate the way switching fx can sound gimmicky or too drastic ya know. I want my fx switching to sound flowing and morphing.

So, who has a patch of shades for me, hehe?

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:42 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: Pigtronix fx (kinda like patch of shades)
Pigtronix w/Stick at NAMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbkbrLbKdTY

Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:04 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Has anyone ever recorded anything using the Patch of Shades pedal?

I've never heard one in action before....well, at least that I am aware of....

Thanks

Randy

Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:18 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Pascal Gutman uses it on the two cds he released, and obviously Emmett Chapman on Parallel Galaxy.
A french friend sells his one on the classified forum. I tried it a while ago and works perfectly. I would love to buy ot, but finances are... ahem... :oops:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:30 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Oceans wrote:
I just hate the way switching fx can sound gimmicky or too drastic ya know. I want my fx switching to sound flowing and mor
Yes, I'm all into morphing between sounds, even on held notes and chords. I try to achieve this by using expression pedals that continuously sweep between two alternative effect setups. I'm able to experiment quite freely with live sound design since I use a laptop as my amp and processing unit.

Here's an audio example of morphing a small room reverb into a huge frozen sound cloud. The morphing pedal is also used for volume swell. Here applied on the chords I play on the bass side.
Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:46 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Per Boysen wrote:
Oceans wrote:
I just hate the way switching fx can sound gimmicky or too drastic ya know. I want my fx switching to sound flowing and mor
Yes, I'm all into morphing between sounds, even on held notes and chords. I try to achieve this by using expression pedals that continuously sweep between two alternative effect setups. I'm able to experiment quite freely with live sound design since I use a laptop as my amp and processing unit.

Here's an audio example of morphing a small room reverb into a huge frozen sound cloud. The morphing pedal is also used for volume swell. Here applied on the chords I play on the bass side.

Really nice sounds, Per,

I like the title, too.

There's a great video of Emmett and his Patch of Shades on the Stick Night '99 video (now available on DVD:

http://www.stick.com/videoscds/videos/sticknight99.html

He also uses it quite a bit on this video from "Hands Across the Board"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqbS6BLfJpo[/youtube]

RSS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqbS6BLfJpo

Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:39 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

I wish SE started selling Patch of Shades pedals again... I'd buy one in a heartbeat!

Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:30 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery