It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:10 am

clip on piezo tuners 

Post clip on piezo tuners
hello.

i'm wondering what kind of tuners everybody uses. i'm thinking about getting one of those little clip ons and i'm wondering if anyone else has experience with them on their tapping instrument.

these are some examples of the kind of "headstock tuners" i'm thinking about.

Korg AW2
Tune Tech TT500
Barcus Berry Soulmate
Intelli IMT-600
Planet Waves Chromatic Clip-on Tuner

thanks for sharing your knowledge! i'm a little less than a week into tapping and so far it's going very well!

Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:57 pm
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: clip on piezo tuners
I think most chormatic tuners will work just fine. Not sure about a clip on in regard to the Stick however.

http://www.rayrlmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/raylavigne

Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:30 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post clip on piezo tuners
The clip on tuners do not work well with the stick. I have an intellitouch tuner that clips on the headstock of my guitars. It works well with the guitars but not with the stick I'm not sure if the tapping vibrates the wood enough to register. The bass strings still work with the tuner but the melody don't register well, at least with my tuner.
I also have a little korg chromatic tuner I think it cost like 30 bucks it does the trick. But it is a plug in.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:16 am
Contributor
Contributor

I have a "Snark" clip on tuner that I think works GREAT ! I have a graphite Stick if that makes a difference (I don't imagine that it does... a well rung note should register, just make sure the tuner is designed for both guitar and bass tuning....some are not). I had never used a clip on tuner before this one but I'm really happy with how this one works and I like how simple it is.

Graphite 10 String Grand/ PASV-4 #5895

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:39 am

I concur. I just recently picked up the chromatic version of the snark clip on tuner. I had tried others models and brands and they would pickup the melody side really well and could pick up most of the bass side with exception to the C & G strings. With my old one I would tune what I could and then tune the remaining strings by ear. When I got the snark in the mail last week I was pleasantly surprised that it was sensitive enough to tune all of the strings on the stick. I had bought this tuner to use with just my guitars and basses. That I can tune all the strings on my stick with it is a bonus.

Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:25 am

WOW! thanks guys that really helps. i'll check out the snark! i'd love to have one less thing in my signal path (two really!)

Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:52 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I just received my snark tuner and I am amazed! It is not only totally accurate, but it's color (navy blue) matches my linear inlays. A great small investment!

Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:06 am
Profile My Photo Gallery

i just got mine too and i must say it's exactly what i was looking for.. i picked it up for a little over $10 on amazon.

it's slick, it looks great, super accurate, and it doesn't require any plugging in!

thanks guys!
:D

Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:51 am
Artisan Contributor
Artisan Contributor

You know your a total music dork when ya get exited about tuners! haha
That is cool tho, tunes even the low strings?

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:19 pm

tunes every string. it's chromatic and made for any stringed instrument (including bass) :o

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:52 am