It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:13 am

product review 
Contributor
Contributor

Post product review
lately i have been purchasing plug in software...mainly komplete 7, by our friends at at Native instruments..All i can say the synth software is amazing but i was even more blown away by the Guitar rig software.. some of you may remember i did a post on the line 6 pod farm software.. and i was blown away by it.....this is 10 times better..guitar rig is the way to go..then i tried my stick on it...oh my...i did contact people at native instrument and they are trying to make a dual setting for the stick players.. so we can run our bass processing and melody side processing different from each other....i will wait while they do it.

Darren/ Gnat

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:41 am
Post Re: product review
Gnat wrote:
lately i have been purchasing plug in software...mainly komplete 7, by our friends at at Native instruments..All i can say the synth software is amazing but i was even more blown away by the Guitar rig software.. some of you may remember i did a post on the line 6 pod farm software.. and i was blown away by it.....this is 10 times better..guitar rig is the way to go..then i tried my stick on it...oh my...i did contact people at native instrument and they are trying to make a dual setting for the stick players.. so we can run our bass processing and melody side processing different from each other....i will wait while they do it.

Darren/ Gnat

A dual setting? What do you mean? A stereo version that you can use on stereo channels in a recording sofware with separate fx´s on each side or....? Or live? Don´t understand.

I just use two separate GuitarRig pluggs on two different channels when recording/mixing Stick. Or one GR on the melody side and something else on the bass side.

But I agree. It´s a great plug.

Sincerely//Jan

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:49 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

Guitar Rig has been able to do dual processing for a while now, you can select the Both button for the Channel selection on the input stage and put a Split A/B right after that for separate signal chains.

Rosewood Grand Stick #7025 - Mirrored 4ths 5+7
Paduak Grand Stick #5197 - Mirrored 4ths 6+6

Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:38 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

yes separate effects for the bass and melody side.... different chains

Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:10 pm
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

It's already in there! The split module is your friend in this case.

Put it in the 'rack' first - and make sure you set it for stereo input L/R split (small button in the lower left). Also as Rob mentioned - make sure 'LR' is selected at the top (you just click on each one to activate it)

You can build your patches seperately for melody and bass and the module will sum them together for you - or pan them to seperate (mono) outputs. Also - don't be afraid to use more then one split module if you need to...one of the neat things about the software.

[color=#0000CC]http://www.ambientstickist.com

Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:23 am
Resident Contributor
Resident Contributor

... in fact the Guitar Rig manual (I have version 2) mentions the Stick and how the software can be used with it

Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:59 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Here is the method I prefer: Use the plug-in version of GR and open two instances of it in a host application. Plug you melody and bass side into two audio inputs and target them appropriately as inputs for the two mono (that may turn stereo by effect processing) channels in the host application.

I use two general ways to wire up a Stick patch on my gig laptop. One is the above mentioned signal path and the other is to use one stereo channel of the host application and only one instance of the plug-in (GR). The melody and bass side then enters as left and right stereo channel. This makes sense if you want to play both side through the same set of effects.

But I must say that I think my PASV-4 grand sounds most exciting with no amp or speaker simulation at all. Just good old EQ, compression and reverb. The natural electric sound that comes out of the instrument is just gorgeous to me. Sometimes I add delay and harmonizer as well.

Fractal Audio AxeFx-III, 2 x RCF NX-10 SMA, Apollo Twin USB

http://youtube.com/perboysen

Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:46 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery