It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:01 am

How does an electric instrument make sounds? 

Post How does an electric instrument make sounds?
I know Nothing about electrical instruments. Big learning curve coming.
Amps. Have googled them, read about them, learned lots more questions. No idea if anything ive picked up is important.
Keyboard vs guitar, keyboard better, flatter response on bass and treble.
Tube, transistor, hybrid, fine for some. Modelling sounds maybe like the way to go.
I thought i could play thru my wireless phone headset, while i am making noises, learnng how to play. Am wondering if i could hook to a portable speaker that i listen to music thru? Anker soundcore.
I know that a smaller wattage unit is all i need for home or small venue (down the road), but larger wattage means i can play with better sound at a lower volume, and get better quality.
From my reading here, it seems Roland KC series might be good.
So, if i am kind of right, pls LMK. Otherwise, keeping it simple, what have i misunderstood?
TVM!
No rush. Havent even gotten my baby yet ;-)

Grandstick@yahoo.com

Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:20 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: How does an electric instrument make sounds?
I recall finding a behringer keyboard amp for about $90 on craig's. I think your option for a Roland keyboard amp is a great start. I liked having a separate channel for each signal path and a little reverb on the melody side. Start there and also maybe consider a small mixer with headphones too. You can build that out with powered speakers and external effects when you're ready.

Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:22 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery

Tvm! Am looking into behringers and roland.
Tried to view the websites. FB worked, could not reach www.geneperry.com.

Grandstick@yahoo.com

Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:46 am
Master Contributor
Master Contributor

Right now my "living room" Stick rig is: stereo Stick output into an SFX SP2 two channel mixer/preamp then the mixed mono out goes into a single channel Roland Cube 60 COSM. I use the Roland Jazz Chorus model preset which is clean and fat w/lotsa headroom. The onboard amp digital efx are more than adequate to add a little shine. Between the EQ on the SP2 to dial in the different ranges & timbres from the two sides of the Stick and the overall EQ from the amp, the rig reproduces the range and tone of a Stick very well. It's a great practice amp that fills a room or a small listening venue w/out any distortion. Downside: it has no headphone out. BUT - the Roland Cube 80GX does. Essentially the same amp for a few bux more. Either amp can be found in the $250-$350 range.

Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:31 pm