It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:15 am

AUM on iPad for Stick Players 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post AUM on iPad for Stick Players
I stumbled across a piece of software called AUM while exploring music-creation stuff for iPads. If you're good with strictly digital effects (and it seems that if you're using an amp modeler like an HX Stomp, you're well down that road already) this has to be a very portable and light-weight solution for solo gigging, as it requires only four pieces of gear - your Stick, an audio interface, an iPad and a powered speaker or PA system.

There are all kinds of digital effects - reverbs, delays, chorus, compressors, EQ, filters etc. etc. available as plug-ins, many of them dirt cheap or free on the App Store. Plus you have the option of (as demo'd here) loading in synth or drum machine plug-ins and sequencers to provide yourself accompaniment if you so desire.

Here is a quick-n-dirty little video that gives a brief rundown of how I'm using AUM for my Stick playing. Of course, if there are any questions, just holler...

Rosewood #1027 Baritone Melody, StickUps
Blue Railboard #7228 Matched Reciprocal, EMG block

Tue May 17, 2022 4:34 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post Re: AUM on iPad for Stick Players
Whoa, a fantastic bit of information. I learned a lot here. Great to see that an iPad can be at the heart of a Stick rig with the right software.

Did you have any latency issues? That may have been discussed in the video, sorry if I missed that. Thanks for recording, a great reference for a 2-channel iPad rig.

Fri May 20, 2022 10:41 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: AUM on iPad for Stick Players
No latency that I’ve noticed, Gene. I’m sure there has to be a bit but has to be tiny. Note that AUM is widely used for live performance, so it would seem any noticeable latency would be a big issue.

Rosewood #1027 Baritone Melody, StickUps
Blue Railboard #7228 Matched Reciprocal, EMG block

Sun May 22, 2022 12:04 pm