It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:23 pm

patch of shades on EBay 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: patch of shades on EBay
Not sure this question is for me, but it'd be really weird if a device like the Helix would not respond to CC messages for parameter control.

Check out https://helixhelp.com/tips-and-guides/universal/midi#parameter-control-via-midi

DavidWS wrote:
I just did a little more Helix digging & sadly, at first glance, it looks like while it can use MIDI CC, that's only for things like selecting patches, etc., not for adjusting patch settings, so I don't think the pressure & X/Y codes from the SoftStep could control an effect in real time in a pedal or knob like fashion. :(

Maybe you know better?

Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:45 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

AndersGoran wrote:
Not sure this question is for me

The question was for anyone. Thanks for providing ananswer.

AndersGoran wrote:
it'd be really weird if a device like the Helix would not respond to CC messages for parameter control.

That's what I expected too. Maybe the forum post I found that suggested otherwise was out of date?

Very glad to hear that such control is indeed possible. :D

Bamboo Grand 12 2024 #7472 Stickup Low Xtnd Classic Melody (Outer 5ths)
Bamboo Grand 12 2009 #5826 PASV4 Low Xtnd Classic Melody (Outer 5ths)
Graphite 10 2009 #5862 PASV4 Classic

Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:10 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Don't take it for granted... I looked again and the text about parameter control is under the HX Stomp, HX Stomp XL section. Like I wrote before, I'd be really surprised if such a high profile device couldn't do it... I don't have any Helix devices, never had, so I'm just trying to make sense of what I can found online...

Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:17 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

AndersGoran wrote:
Don't take it for granted... I looked again and the text about parameter control is under the HX Stomp, HX Stomp XL section. Like I wrote before, I'd be really surprised if such a high profile device couldn't do it... I don't have any Helix devices, never had, so I'm just trying to make sense of what I can found online...

A very good point, but it would seem even more surprising if the top of the range models didn't have something that had been implemented in the junior members?

I believe all the models are pretty much totally reprogramable so I wonder if that page predates some firmware update?

Checking the November 2021 Helix/HX 3.15 firmware update page, I found a note below on the new 'Global MIDI Control of Knobs 1-6, <PAGE/PAGE>, and Preset Save' feature that says

IMPORTANT! We ran out of reserved Global CCs and unfortunately had to steal five user-assignable CCs for this feature. Any parameters you've assigned to CC77-CC81 will have to be remapped. Sorry 'bout that.

That feature has been added for 'Helix Floor, Helix Rack, Helix LT, HX Effects, HX Stomp, HX Stomp XL' & to my reading that 'Any parameters you've assigned to CC77-CC81' suggests rather strongly that parameters can be assigned to CCs?

Digging further, from p43 of 'HX Edit 3.​15 Pilot's Guide - English .pdf'

'Creating a Controller Assignment Using an External MIDI Controller Source

It is also possible to configure a block’s parameter to be controlled remotely via an external MIDI controller device, or via MIDI software.
'

The HX Edit software is used to configure the full range of Helix/HX products & I picked up th ePilots Guide from the Helix LT manuals page https://line6.com/support/manuals/helixlt, so indications seem very positive.

Bamboo Grand 12 2024 #7472 Stickup Low Xtnd Classic Melody (Outer 5ths)
Bamboo Grand 12 2009 #5826 PASV4 Low Xtnd Classic Melody (Outer 5ths)
Graphite 10 2009 #5862 PASV4 Classic

Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:17 am
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

DavidWS wrote:
so indications seem very positive.

Yes, it seems reason has prevailed after all :)

Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:06 am
Profile My Photo Gallery