It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:19 am

1970 MOOG synthesizer 
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Post Re: 1970 MOOG synthesizer
glennfin wrote:
I started down the Eurorack rabbit hole about 6 years ago... look where I am now.

Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:53 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Contributor
Contributor

Sexy? oh yea! "Euro-crack"? I can attest to that!.. I'll see if I can find a photo of the small rack I started with. :lol:

I don't get many visitors to my studio but the reactions when musicians and non-musicians first see the modular are priceless!

"WTF is that?????"
"looks like the controls of a starship!"
"can you play Close To The Edge on that?"
"you know you can do all that on a laptop, right?" (not!)
"how much did that cost?"
"you got any beer?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

10 string Nickle Plasma Railboard #6974 MR tuning.

http://www.randomfaktor.com

Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:26 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

I've been digging into VCV Rack, and while it's fun, and I'm learning quite a bit, there are a couple of frustrations.

First, VCV Rack 2 apparently has JUST been released in the last couple of months. That means that virtually all the tutorials are based on Version 1. Of course, all the principles are the same, but sometimes I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to figure out how to implement a patch when the inputs/outputs of the VCV Fundamental modules are different. Watched one last night on sequencers, and the VCV Seq 3 module for version 1 had a "gate" output. The one that ships with version 2 only has a "trigger" output, so I spent quite some time trying to figure out how to properly implement an ADSR module. :roll:

I also discovered (took me awhile to figure out what was happening) that having a VCV Audio module connected to my audio interface would prevent any YouTube videos from playing, no matter which browser I use. If I'm working along with a YouTube tutorial, I have to route the VCV output to the PC's speakers, or watch the video on my phone or a tablet.

I note that Omri Cohen has a whole series of video tutorials, one (presumably more lecture-based) for 30€ and another, more hands-on for 50€. I'd be tempted to spring for the hands-on series (40 videos I believe) but being, obviously, specific to version 1, it may be a lot of frustration.

Rosewood #1027 Baritone Melody, StickUps
Blue Railboard #7228 Matched Reciprocal, EMG block

Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:28 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Whoa. It’s really interesting when you suddenly grok modular synths.

I’ve been studying & experimenting as time permits and today I watched a 20-minute Omri Cohen YouTube video - demonstrating a new module - that made perfect sense to me, every step, all the way through, just by watching it.

It’s a bit like music theory. That moment when you realize the basics are simple & logical. But you also realize there is no limit to how those “basics” can be combined.

Rosewood #1027 Baritone Melody, StickUps
Blue Railboard #7228 Matched Reciprocal, EMG block

Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:52 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Great video!!! thank you so much.

I took the tour through the Moog factory in Asheville North Carolina. Great stuff, they still make things by hand over there.

stick stick stick stick stick stick

Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:45 pm