It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 am

DIY Flight Case (for two instruments) 

Post DIY Flight Case (for two instruments)
Hiya, this is my first post but I've been lurking for a while and already know some of you guys.

I've been traveling quite a bit lately and I play a Stick and an NS Omnibass. It has always been a pain to carry two cases, so I explored the idea of using just one. Sure, there are companies that will build you a custom case but I didn't really have time for it so I came up with this solution for less than $200usd.

I bought an SKB Travel Golf Case with wheels (this is so convenient). The case costs around $150usd and I got it from Amazon.

The case is great but it needed to be filled with foam. I bought some foamat a local foam factory and filled it up.

Finally, for extra protection, I wrap each instrument individually.

Just made my first travel with it and I am pretty happy. The instruments remained tuned and it was easy to move around with the case because of the wheels. Someone even asked if I was carrying a trombone. Hope this helps anyone with a similar problem as I had.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:54 pm