It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:42 pm

headphone amp 
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

Post Re: headphone amp
Not as portable as some of the items listed already, but the headphone amp in the StepABout is very clean, and loud enough to be used in noisy environments like train stations and airports...

Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:03 pm
Profile My Photo Gallery
Elite Contributor
Elite Contributor

Got an old version of the Korg pandora
Multi fx and headphone amp in one box

http://www.korg.com/us/products/effects/pandoramini/

#7159, Grand Railboard,Plum,
RMR tuning, MIDI melody.
Manufactured Dec. 2018

#2001,10 strings Shedua, MR tuning
Stickup, Fretrails
Manufactured March 2002

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqqNYL ... JdyVB5aBZQ

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:21 pm
Multiple Donor
Multiple Donor

greg wrote:
Not as portable as some of the items listed already, but the headphone amp in the StepABout is very clean, and loud enough to be used in noisy environments like train stations and airports...

Thank you Greg. I looked at the stepabout, and was going to buy one. I am currently using the sp 13, which I like a lot, but I seem to have a problem with my levels going to Pro Tools through my Mbox. It doesn't seem to have enough preamp to push the input signal that i thought i needed. Currently I'm running the XLR outs from sp13 to my mbox direct and then using the quarter-inch outs to feed the amplifiers, then i have a room mic in front of the amps. The room mic has great signal, but when using the amps, when recording, the signal going to the amps is too hot. Which in turn leads me to run the volume knob on the amplifiers very low, because I'm running the signal so high, to get it into Pro Tools. If the step about can fix this and bypass the sp13 that would be great, because I don't really need that monster EQ from the s p 13 , but i like the ability of fading through the effects, and amps. Basically keeping a pedal board that can run either side of the stick, and having enough pre amp to push my sound card and my amps at a good level. So basically I'm running three channels into my Pro Tools, two are direct coming from the sp13 Via XLR, and the third is coming from the room Mic, which is listening to the two amplifiers being fed by the sp13 by the quarter-inch outputs. The effects are going through the loop from the sp13.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:02 pm