It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:25 pm

Alto Truesonic 2 series Powered Speakers ? 
Post Re: Alto Truesonic 2 series Powered Speakers ?
Quote:

I have a setup with Line6 Helix and those Alto's TS210 (a pair).
I use this setup for Stick, bass and double bass.
I'm totally happy with them.
I don't feel special limitation about the 10" speakers to manage bass side, but have to admit I'm not playing to very high levels usually, neither play dubstep music :D.

All is about finding right compromises :), and with this I got what I wanted:
- A quite light system to carry
- Solid enough not to be too worry!
- More than descent sound quality

Gautier

Gautier
That is exactly the feedback I was looking for. Thanks for confirming that the 10 in altos can handle the bass side of the stick.

I realize that altos are not the best, but for what I need in the foreseeable future it is enough. And at that price point I will most likely get 2 for a full stereo rig. :). And still save a few hundred bucks!

Thanks !

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:08 am

CurvedLight wrote:
Quote:

I have a setup with Line6 Helix and those Alto's TS210 (a pair).
I use this setup for Stick, bass and double bass.
I'm totally happy with them.
I don't feel special limitation about the 10" speakers to manage bass side, but have to admit I'm not playing to very high levels usually, neither play dubstep music :D.

All is about finding right compromises :), and with this I got what I wanted:
- A quite light system to carry
- Solid enough not to be too worry!
- More than descent sound quality

Gautier

Gautier
That is exactly the feedback I was looking for. Thanks for confirming that the 10 in altos can handle the bass side of the stick.

I realize that altos are not the best, but for what I need in the foreseeable future it is enough. And at that price point I will most likely get 2 for a full stereo rig. :). And still save a few hundred bucks!

Thanks !
Ken,

When you'll get them, I'll be happy to have your feedback.

All the best
Gautier

Envoyé de mon MHA-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:44 am
Site Donor
Site Donor

CurvedLight wrote:

So How well does your 10" Harbinger deal with the Bass strings of your NS Stick?

For me it works just fine for what I do... I use them to make sure what I hear in the studio monitors translates to a PA system.

I don't play them loud since they are just in my small room but I have taken them to bigger rooms for Stick circle and has worked just fine. Not amazing but gets the job done.

Good luck!

NS/Stick - Prototype #2
Started 11/24/2012

http://www.GreenElephantStudio.com
Now Selling - MOD DUO, Tech21, Ebtech, KMI, Earasers, IsoAcoustics

Subscribe to the NS/Stick YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/NSSTICK

Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:45 am
Profile My Photo Gallery
Ok- so I went to the local Guitar Center to listen to ALTO TS powered speakers. They had the 12" TS212 , I played some songs through it and A/B compared it to the QSC K12.2 . Here is what I heard:

ALTO mids were a bit harsh to the ear on certain songs
ALTO would eventually distort when you went past the halfway point on the volume control

ALTO Summary : for $250 it's adequate for practice at home and fora solo gigs in a small venue. Playing with a full band with a rock (aka loud) drummer it may struggle to keep up

QSC K12.2- much more balanced sound , leaning a bit more towards a hi-fi sound. Noticeable improvement from the ALTO

QSC Summary : At $799 I expected it to be awesome and I was not disappointed -Is it 3X better then the ALTO - that's for you to decide ;)

What I decided was that I wanted better quality sound then the ALTO but I did not want to pay ~$800 so ...

I listed to a few others and I really liked the Yamaha DXR12 ($699)- headroom for days and a very natural/musical sound , but a bit boomy on the bottom. So after a bit of reading, I decided that I should get the 10 inch Yamaha DXR10 ($599)(this is one of the popular solutions on the AXE FX /Kemper forums and that will be my main use for the speaker - using guitar and my soon to arrive Railboard thru an AxeFX) So the hunt began.....

Today I snagged an Open box return/used Yamaha DXR10 on Reverb for $457 (with free shipping) from a music store with a 45 day return policy.

Thanks to all of you who commented and weighed in with your experiences it was really helpful.

When it arrives I will post my reaction to using it with my AxeFX and guitar. When the Railboard come and I learn to play a few notes I will post another report.

cheers
Ken

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:36 pm
Site Donor
Site Donor

CurvedLight wrote:
Ok- so I went to the local Guitar Center to listen to ALTO TS powered speakers. They had the 12" TS212 , I played some songs through it and A/B compared it to the QSC K12.2 . Here is what I heard:

ALTO mids were a bit harsh to the ear on certain songs
ALTO would eventually distort when you went past the halfway point on the volume control

ALTO Summary : for $250 it's adequate for practice at home and fora solo gigs in a small venue. Playing with a full band with a rock (aka loud) drummer it may struggle to keep up

QSC K12.2- much more balanced sound , leaning a bit more towards a hi-fi sound. Noticeable improvement from the ALTO

QSC Summary : At $799 I expected it to be awesome and I was not disappointed -Is it 3X better then the ALTO - that's for you to decide ;)

What I decided was that I wanted better quality sound then the ALTO but I did not want to pay ~$800 so ...

I listed to a few others and I really liked the Yamaha DXR12 ($699)- headroom for days and a very natural/musical sound , but a bit boomy on the bottom. So after a bit of reading, I decided that I should get the 10 inch Yamaha DXR10 ($599)(this is one of the popular solutions on the AXE FX /Kemper forums and that will be my main use for the speaker - using guitar and my soon to arrive Railboard thru an AxeFX) So the hunt began.....

Today I snagged an Open box return/used Yamaha DXR10 on Reverb for $457 (with free shipping) from a music store with a 45 day return policy.

Thanks to all of you who commented and weighed in with your experiences it was really helpful.

When it arrives I will post my reaction to using it with my AxeFX and guitar. When the Railboard come and I learn to play a few notes I will post another report.

cheers
Ken

I actually just did the same thing, found a lightly used DXR10 for about the same price. Your post was one of the factors that led me to the decision. There's also an enormous amount of positive feedback about them on the web, in general.

At some point I may do a demo video of the plugin host and amp simulator plugins I've been using lately once I get everything dialed in.

If I need a set up for playing live out at small gigs at some point, I'll entertain the idea of getting a second one. But I think with the small room I'm playing in now the one speaker should be just fine.

Padauk 10 String #4951
DBM Tuning

Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:37 pm